Destiny players can now safely decrypt Exotic Leg engrams, and will have to do the legwork for the Sparrow Racing League event. See what I did there?
Good news, team; Destiny has been graced with a hotfix addressing a couple of bugs introduced in the December patch.
As well as making it safe to decrypt Leg engrams again, the update patches that exploit which allowed users to get Sparrow Racing League premium items without forking over the $13 or so others paid for them.
Those of you who leveraged the exploit can keep your progress and your gear, but it won’t work unless you buy the Record Book.
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where Exotic Leg Engrams did not decrypt into any items.
- Fixed an issue where copies of “The Climb” FWC Ship was incorrectly providing Reputation.
- This has been temporarily disabled on the Ship Collection kiosk and will be fixed in a future update.
- Fixed an issue where the SRL Record Book, Vol. 1 items did not require the player to own the Record Book in order to acquire them.
- Record Book items will not be deleted from players’ inventories, but will now require ownership of the SRL Record Book in order to equip the items.
- Any progress already made towards the Record Book will be saved.
- Warning: Record Book gear can only be acquired once. We are working on a future fix to allow players to attain additional instances in case of accidental deletion.