A Clayfighter remake is inbound, apparently.
Interplay has announced a Clayfighter remaster, combining the content of all past games into one package.
- Characters such as Bad Mr. Frosty, Blue Suede Goo, Earthworm Jim, Hoppy, Boogerman, Tiny – and more with over 20 characters total
- Over 20 familiar environments from the series to duke it out in
- Brand new gameplay introducing new mechanics to the series such as double jumping, air dashing, counters, and reversals
- Unique supers and ‘Claytality’ moves for each character
- The game will feature remastered audio and high resolution visuals providing the ultimate clay based gaming experience
Clayfighter is intended for release on “personal computers” (likely Linux, Mac and PC, we assume) in 2016, and comes courtesy of a mysterious developer called Drip Drop games in collaboration with what’s left of Interplay.
The original Clayfighter released in 1993 for SNES and has subsequently been re-released for Nintendo platforms via the Virtual Console. It was developed by Visual Concepts, the now 2K Sports-owned team behind NBA 2K. Huh. That’s a thing.