Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries, the successful Kickstarter from GRIN Studios, has launched on Steam Early Access.
The PC title is described as a “cinematic fable featuring a vengeful Red Riding Hood,” who armed with an axe sets out on a quest to avenge the murder of her parents.
Gameplay features action-platforming, combo-based hack ‘n slash combat and environmental puzzles.
Here’s a list of key features:
- A twisted fairy tale story – GRIN’s take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story. Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father, Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident. At least, that’s what his family was told. All grown up, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.
- Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe’s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbor and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.
- 2.5D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles.
- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.
- Deranged Fairy Tale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairy tale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and – of course – her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.
Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries will be released in two volumes, and and will run you $9.99/€9.99/£6.99/CDN$10.99. Early Access only applies to the first volume.
Volume Two is slated for release on PC during August and is planned for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
Volume One is scheduled for release on March 17.