Jazzpunk is the incredibly bizarre Cold War comedy game from IGF finalist Necrophone Games. The team has released an utterly weird but brilliant trailer in the style of retro puppet series Thunderbirds. Watch it here and be confused.
We reported on Jazzpunks’ IGF nomination yesterday. Hit the link for a full list of indie games up for awards.
The trailer was followed by a release date confirmation on Twitter. You can pre-order Jazzpunks here.
also, the Release Date of Jazzpunk is now officially February 7th! Scratch that onto your Cat Calendars.
— Luis Hernandez (@Beetlenaut) January 10, 2014
PCGamesN posted a list of game specs which we’re 99.9% certain aren’t serious:
- Stereographic Polygony Soundeo™, NOW IN COLOURVISON.
- A cast of over 360,000 polygons, working in concert.
- For the first time ever, the human voice captured and preserved in CryoSonic Stasis™, thawed before your very ears during NPC exchanges (voice acting).
- Half a dozen jokes.
- Contains 5% of recommended daily intake of vitamin C++
- Original soundtrack featuring exotic percussion and homemade analog electronic instruments.
So strange yet cant, look, away.