Mobile publisher Gree and Yahoo Japan have teamed up to open a new developer of social and mobile games, GxYz Inc. GamesIndustry reports the two companies began laying the foundation for the new developer in November 2012, and have fronted ¥200 million ($2.1 million) in capital. Gree holds 51% of shares in the new company, while Yahoo holds the remaining 49%. The board of directors is composed of two members of each company, and Gree’s Tomoyuki Isaka will act as CEO. Social network provider Gree is a major force in mobile gaming in Japan and is expanding operations in the west. It’s responsible for Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops.
It’s finally happening: Legendary Pokemon will released into wide, wild world of Pokemon Go.
Destiny 2 beta: How to blast though The Inverted Spire Strike, and the exclusive rewards you'll get for doing it
Having trouble with Destiny 2 beta’s The Inverted Spire Strike, or just want to know what you’re in for this weekend? We’ve got you covered.
ARK: Survival Evolved PvP servers won't get a wipe at launch, new rentable servers details announced
ARK: Survival Evolved developer Studio Wildcard has revealed a few of its plans for launch, seeing as we’re just over two weeks away.
Japanese social gaming giant Gree has shuttered its Osaka office, resulting in the loss of 200 jobs.
X-Men: Battle of the Atom is the “next-generation card game” coming to mobile courtesy of Marvel and GREE.
Mind that mindblowing announcement Square Enix and Yahoo! had for today that would “change Japanese history”? Yeah, about that…
This is brilliant. An article on Yahoo! Finance about Christmas gifts has claimed that PS3’s pads must be replaced after running out of charge. “It’s all fun and games until the battery dies,” said author Anne Kadet. “Unlike its competitors, which use replaceable AA batteries, the PS3’s remote control is glued shut. When the battery […]