A new 3DS firmware update is said to be doing the rounds, offering the fix the problem introduced in the last update.
GoNintendo reports 3DS users in the US and UK have received the system update.
The update text suggests it remedies a Ridge Racer 3D bug which came with the eShop update, which Nintendo responsibly warned of in the days beforehand.
Full update text follows.
- Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-3U
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience
- A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game
- Nintendo eShop
- Internet Browser
- Transfer functionality to move DSiWare™ from Nintendo DSi™/Nintendo DSi XL™ systems to the Nintendo 3DS™ system
- Automatic system updates
- Improved stability and performance of the overall system
If you currently have update version 2.0.0-2U, this update provides:
You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update
If you have not completed the update released on June 6, version 2.0.0-2U, this update will add the following new features: