Tag Archives: global agenda
Fri, Sep 13, 2013 | 09:31 BST
Tribes: Ascend CEO takes to Reddit to address “misinformed conclusions” of the company and Smite’s future
CEO of Tribes: Ascend developer Hi-Rez Erez Goren has taken to Reddit to address what he has called “misinformed conclusions” regarding the company, and how he hopes for the studio’s new MOBA Smite to become a profitable success.
Thu, Aug 25, 2011 | 14:57 BST
Hi-Rez Studios has announced the Recursive Colony expansion to Global Agenda will be released in early fall and will be available to all players with no purchase required.
Fri, Jul 15, 2011 | 13:26 BST
Bits and bobs. Odds and ends. Cheese and crackers – wait, no, that’s my stomach talking. Enjoy the nibbles beneath the cut.
Thu, Jun 30, 2011 | 14:11 BST
Some of the best experiences in gaming can be had, right now, on your PC, absolutely gratis. It’s the brave new world. Why pay for anything ever again?
Thu, May 12, 2011 | 22:44 BST
It’s hump day. Lucky you. Not much left of the week, or today for that matter, so, no need in trying to escape. Have some short stuff to close it out with instead.
Thu, Apr 07, 2011 | 14:06 BST
Sci-fi MMOFPS Global Agenda will be moving to a free-to-play business model later this month.
Fri, Mar 18, 2011 | 20:41 GMT
Hi-Rez Studios has pledged to donate 100 percent of the proceeds of this weekend’s games sale to Red Cross’ Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief effort.
Wed, Feb 16, 2011 | 21:04 GMT
Shorts don’t just belong on Saturday. Any day there are lots of pieces of little news is shorts day.
Wed, Jan 05, 2011 | 14:15 GMT
Hi-Rez Studios has announced it’s holding a new, friends-related deal for MMO Global Agenda.
Fri, Nov 26, 2010 | 18:46 GMT
Black Friday sales are everywhere today, and we’ve just got wind of some more deals for PC players.
Sat, Nov 14, 2009 | 22:44 GMT
Not much this week that didn’t hit the front page, but head on through the break and you will find out all sorts of stuff.
Information on the upcoming Warhammer patch, Martial Arts for City of Heroes, and a Beta weekend for Global Agenda.
Go on and hit the button.
Mon, Sep 14, 2009 | 13:44 BST
Weekly MMO news round-up, September 12: Star Wars has zombies, The Secret World’s not so secret anymore
- Massively had a chat with Stew Chisam, VP of game operations at Hi-Rez Studios, during DragonCon last week. It’s a video interview, and in it, Chisam chats about how well things are going with Global Agenda since the two closed Betas. If this game has been on your radar, you should check out what Chisam had to say here.
- Ultima Online’s new expansion, Stygian Abyss, has been released and is now available for download on the game’s website. It will run you $29.99.
- The Secret World was all over PAX. Massively was lucky enough to get a preview of the game, Gamespot provided impressions, and Eurogamer talked to Funcom’s Ragnar Tornquist who told the site all about it. Wanna know all about the three different factions, the lore, and see some screens? Then hit all three links for information overload.
- The clown Malatina offers a new solo challenge for plucky adventurers in Runes of Magic. Once per day, she will give players the opportunity to enter a obstacle-packed dungeon, which will be included in the update for the full launch of ‘Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy’, on September 15. Hate clowns, man. US servers will be brought down for 24 hours starting Monday, Sept. 14, at about 3 a.m. PST until Tuesday, Sept. 15, at about 3 a.m. PST. During that time, the forums and Runes of Magic Web site also will be down. All systems will return Tuesday, Sept. 15, at about 3 a.m. PST. The forums and Web site will have a new design to match Chapter II: The Elven Prophecy. More details are through here.
- Before you get surprised and start screaming “Oh Noz! You’ve got zombies in my Star Wars Galaxies!”, read up on it via the official Random House website. Apparently, SOE and LucasArts are adding zombies as part of an October event called Death Troopers, which ties into the horror-themed novel of the same name by Joe Schreiber.
- ROHAN: Blood Feud (Renaissance of Human and Nature) now has one million accounts. Cool. To celebrate, the team are holding Million Member Mania events from now until September 21, where players who win the various games included will be awarded with one million in game currency. Very cool. More through Massively.
- The Aion team is aware of issues with lag, the authentication server, gameguard anti-cheating program, forum authentication script, and beta key release schedule, and are devoting resources to finding out the cause. Rest assured, a patch will be released ASAP. Good to know. More on that here. Thanks, Massively.
- Dungeons & Dragons Online went free-to-play in North America this week, and to get you excited for it, Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a couple videos posted, along with some information on it. If that just isn’t quite enough to placate you, Massively has a launch day news round-up for the title. Hooray!
- Karos Online is currently in closed Beta, and other than some interesting bits to PvP, the game takes a different approach to crafting and hobbies than what you may be used to in an MMO, by incorporating both into an alternate character progression tree. Also, instead of running around looking for mats, you may end up fighting over them instead, such as through the mining area which will be rife with PvP. More through the link.
Sat, Aug 22, 2009 | 22:05 BST
Loads of World of Warcraft stuff is coming out of BlizzCon 09, but you knew that already.
We also told you about the new CCP game Dust 514 this week thanks to GamesCom, but there is other stuff that went on in the world of MMOs as well.
The Avaline service is now available in Second Life, Warhammer Online is having it’s Wild Hunt Event, an Aion has revealed the Cleric class.
More is through the break.
Mon, Aug 17, 2009 | 01:55 BST
Loads of stuff happened this week with MMOs. Bethesda laughed off an Elder Scrolls MMO, APB started the Beta application process, Aion released pretty trailers, Star Wars will be playable at GamesCom and all other sorts of interesting things happened.
What we didn’t tell you about was that Lord of the Rings Online got some new jewelry and bounty quests in Esteldin, Funcom will announce Conan stuff at PAX, and there were some rumored leaks on the upcoming WoW expansion posted all over God’s green earth.
For all of this and more, read on past the break.
Fri, Jul 24, 2009 | 17:52 BST
Global Agenda has began closed Beta testing today, and few lucky invitees got to start on it yesterday.
Hi-Rez Studios’ sci-fi action-based MMO will be tested by around 1,000 players at first, with more invitations to be sent out at a later time.
Expect it to land this fall on PC.
Remember, no elves allowed.
More over on MMORPG.
Tue, Jul 07, 2009 | 20:12 BST
Hi-Rez has announced that Global Agenda will go into closed Beta, tentatively, July 24.
If you signed up for the Beta, or want to, here’s the meat and potatoes of how to know if you were chosen:
Invitations for Closed Beta Phase 1 (CBT-1) will be sent in groups.
The first group was sent in late June and was primarily directed to existing Alpha testers. Subsequent invite waves will be sent during the weeks of July 8 and July 15, 2009.
In order to participate in the Beta, players that receive an Invite must RSVP by visiting the Global Agenda website and following the instructions in the invitation. Each invitation will include a date by which a player must confirm their participation prior to the invitation expiring. Once a player confirms their participation, additional information will be sent regarding the test program.
More through the link.
Fri, Jun 12, 2009 | 19:10 BST
Global Agenda, the spy-fi action MMO from Hi-Rez Studios, has a new trailer featuring a bit of elf hatred posted after the break.
Taking place in the future, the game depicts an Earth after an environmental disaster’s left few places habitable. Robots have taken over the most sought after areas, and have formed a government you should probably destroy.
It’s expected to be PvP-heavy, features both first and third-person perspectives and jetpacks.
Expect it to land this fall on PC.
Thanks, Gaming Today.
Mon, Apr 06, 2009 | 19:56 BST
Yes, we know. It’s not Sunday. It is, however, Monday, and that makes looking at all the MMO news from last week even more sensible.
We think so, anyway. Read on.
Tue, Feb 17, 2009 | 20:37 GMT
Global Agenda, the spy-fi action MMO from Hi-Rez Studios, is about to enter closed beta and needs people to sign up.
Taking place in the future, the game depicts an Earth after an environmental disaster’s left few places habitable.
Robots have taken over the most sought after area, and have formed a government you should probably destroy.
It’s expected to be PvP-heavy and currently has over 1,000 active alpha testers.
It’s out Q2 this year. IGN has loads of shots and a trailer here.
To sign up for the beta, head on over to the official site.