Need for Speed is due for a patch very soon that brings a few fan-requested features, as well as a raft of fixes and quality of life changes.
Need for Speed developer Ghost Games has laid out all the details about the game’s upcoming patch. It’s called Showcase and it’s coming February 3.
The main new features are the addition of a photo mode, called Snapshot Pro, and the ability to share wraps with others or download them yourself. Over 100 new customisation items are also being added to 11 of the game’s cars.
A new competitive multiplayer option has been added, to make things easier for players looking to race competitively against one another. License plates have received some tweaks, too, increasing the range of customisation options available.
Finally, all gas stations will now repair your cars if you drive through them, similar to how they’ve always done in past Need for Speed games.
Also, if you long in to the game this weekend, you can take %15 off the price of cars. Not too shabby.
Find the patch notes below:
New trophies and achievements
- Filter Addict – Take a Snapshot with a Filter in Snapshot Pro Mode
- Wrap Artist – Share a Wrap with the Need for Speed Community
- Climbing the Ranks – Reach Monthly Rank 10 by completing Daily Challenges
- New Feature: Wrap Sharing
- New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
- A new “Splash” screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
- A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
- 100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
- License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
- We’ve made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
- 3 new Trophies and achievements
- Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on the fly.
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
- Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie’s challenge
- Multiple stability fixes