Dragon Age Inquisition release moved to November

Tuesday, 22nd July 2014 21:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA has announced another delayed today, and it’s Dragon Age Inquisition.

According to executive producer Mark Darrah, the extra few weeks will make the wait “all the better for it.”

“Since we began working on Dragon Age: Inquisition almost four years ago, our goal was to create the best Dragon Age experience ever,” said Darrah. “It was that goal that motivated many of our decisions: moving to Frostbite, bringing race choice and customization back, improving tactical camera, building a team of characters whose relationships evolve based on your actions, and most importantly, crafting an epic, nation-spanning story that both draws upon past games and takes you to many new places in the realm of Thedas.

“This last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero’s choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on.”

Dragon Age: Inquisition will now come out on November 18 in North America and November 21 in Europe on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1. Legendaryboss

Past the COD window, past the crowded October release schedule and it has November release mostly to itself. Looks like they listened to the delay for quality approach. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859957

#1 5 months ago
  2. Dark

Fuck my life.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Takeshi

Recently dropped Dragon Age: Origins. Tactics just felt too much like homework to me. Sad because I love Bioware games. I’m interested in seeing if the third game does a better job in that respect.

Close to FC4, but I suppose it might not matter if they end up catering to different folks. Of course, I’m playing both of them.

#3 5 months ago
  4. Obernox

PHEW! Good. Got a little breathing room.

#4 5 months ago
  5. The_Red

Even though this is a smaller delay and a more sensible one, it paints a really bad picture of EA management, especially when combined with the publishers horribly empty and mismanaged E3 showing.

This E3 proved that they have no proper long term plan, no proper game pipeline and not many new games to release (Leading to too many overlong and cheesy sports trailers). Now? I don’t even know what to think.

#5 5 months ago
  6. realitybites

Oh well I’m playing through DA Origins on the PS3. I have way too many unplayed games anyway so something to look forward to in November.

#6 5 months ago
  7. Darkfield

@Legendaryboss Even if that speculation is dead on, is it really a bad thing? They have more time to polish it, and gamers who have emptied their pockets in the crowded month of October now have enough money to grab the game in a time window that there’s less interesting options to compete with DAI. Sounds like a win-win scenario to me.

#7 5 months ago
  8. Sylrissa

Considering how rushed and unfinished DA2 was, I’m all for this if it’s going to make it better.

#8 5 months ago
  9. selderane

In other news: My PS4 purchase gets pushed back until November 2014.

#9 5 months ago
  10. jomac3db

@realitybites lol, I said the same thing. Now I can finish some games

#10 5 months ago
  11. ddtd

@The_Red Huh? How is this one delay indicative of whatever you’re saying about EA? Would the same be said about Activision or Rockstar due to their game delays?

#11 5 months ago
  12. ddtd

@The_Red Never mind. I just saw the Battlefield article. I tend to glance over anything with Battlefield in the headline.

#12 5 months ago
  13. The_Red

@ddtd
    Yeah, alone and by itself this is not really strange. A short delay (While still in the same quarter) for a rather polished RPG is not too suspicious but coupled with BF situation and EA’s E3 fiasco (We need games for conference? We don’t HAVE games for conference!) it creates a rather bad picture of their management and game pipeline.

#13 5 months ago
  14. Demigod

For all the blame EA gets, has bioware ever released a game on time? They are always delayed, several months normally, this delay seems a short one for them.

#14 5 months ago
  15. YoungZer0

Sometime tells me that it will be very buggy nonetheless. This is usually always the case with games that only get an extra month. They are probably only polishing the biggest gamebreaking bugs they can find right now.

#15 5 months ago