House of the Rising Sun sounds a bit off in this Wolfenstein: The New Order launch trailer

Thursday, 15th May 2014 15:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Wolfenstein: The New Order releases next week and today, the launch trailer is available. It features the old folk song made famous by The Animals in the 60s as The House of the Rising Sun – only it’s in German. And with the Nazi’s marching to it in the beginning of the video, it gives off a creepy vibe.

The game is out May 20 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

1. CyberMarco

#1 5 months ago
  2. DjCowHerder

I’m 100% certain that Hitler will be on the moon. Can’t express how excited I am for this game.

@1 that is horrible

#2 5 months ago
  3. GK

i am on motherfucker moon :D

#3 5 months ago
  4. mistermogul

Anyone know when the review ebargo’s lift for this?

#4 5 months ago
  5. Takeshi

I love how specific this game’s target group seems. They’re not targeting a broad audience at all.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@CyberMarco That is awesome.

#6 5 months ago
  7. hadamrw

Very excited for this game as well!! Next Tuesday will be awesome, Transistor releases too!

#7 5 months ago
  8. YoungZer0

I wonder if the nazis are the bad guys in this game.

#8 5 months ago
  9. TMRNetShark

You know how people grew up identifying with Master Chief in Halo?

I identified with good ol’ BJ there (the RtCW version at least). It was pure and simple in that game, kick butt. You were given weapons that all felt unique to play, but the levels diversity themselves really inspired a lot of other games. From the opening in Castle Wolfenstein, to the Catacombs (still scared shitless of that place), to the dam (which inspired the CoD’s damn level), to the secret weapons base (aka, Nazi shanking paradise), all the way til the end.

Now, I’m looking at RtCW with very rose colored eyes. I, in no way, do not expect this game to live up to the nostalgia. I don’t want to put pressure on a game that clearly looks like it will scratch that itch, but ultimately does not fulfill my expectations.

I will approach this game as to how people approached reboot games like Tomb Raider… as a “new” IP with no previous ties to the older games.

#9 5 months ago
  10. sebastien rivas

I am very excited with my pre-order and impatient to put my hands on. After all videos, it dounds like it is directed toward my generation and then some.

#10 5 months ago