Age of Mythology: Extended Edition is a reprisal of the classical strategy effort headed to Steam next month, and a solid release date has just been confirmed.
UPDATE: Eurogamer has just confirmed that the game will hit Steam on May 8, and that he game’s product page is live now. It’ll cost £22.99, but you can get 20% off if you pre-order before launch.
Here’s the minimum and recommended specs:
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8.1+
- Processor: 1.6 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Direct X 10+ Capable GPU
- DirectX: Version 10
- Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X Compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: GPU at least Integrated HD 3000, X1950, 8600GT
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1+
- Processor: 2.6 Ghz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Direct X 11+
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
- Additional Notes: GeForce 9800GTX, Radeon 4850+
ORIGINAL STORY: Microsoft today announced a May launch for the polished and expanded re-release. Steam Early Access pre-purchase will open this month.
The Extended Edition bundles together the original game, Age of Titans expansion and Golden Gift campaign, but with a ton of new features and modern compatibilities, including Steam Workshop support, an improved rendering engine, Twitch integration, a better observer mode, native Windows 7 and Windows 8 support, HD monitor support, and more.
Here’s a more complete feature list:
- Improved visuals: time of day, improved water, shadows, bump / specular maps, global lighting, anti-aliasing, and ambient occlusion.
- Steamworks: mods via Steam Workshop, multiplayer, achievements, trading cards, leagues / badges / events, and cloud saves.
- Extended features: Twitch streaming integration, treaty mode, and enhanced observer mode.
The trailer below gives us a glimpse of the polished up 2002 classic, which was teased last month.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.