Grand Theft Auto Online updates will be added throughout the spring and beyond, and Rockstar has provided a rundown of some of the new content, features, and enhancements. Heists will also be added, much to the delight of players.
Coming next week, GTA Online will receive a Capture Creator which will allow users to make their own “original customized Capture Jobs”, adding to the over 3.5 million Deathmatches and Races currently available on Social Club.
“Players can place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables to make their own unique Capture Job for others to take on,” said Rockstar. “We will also be reviewing homemade Capture creations to stamp standout experiences as Rockstar Verified.”
The High Life Update will allow players to “expand their foothold in Los Santos with new high-end apartment options,” the Bullpup Rifle, new wardrobe items, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle and three new cars such as the Super class Pegassi Zentorno.
The update will also feature the debut of multi-property ownership which will allow players to own two properties with garages simultaneously.
Also included is the Mental State player statistic, designed to let players see “just how passive or psychotically unhinged” fellow players in their session are tweaked.
Heists are also coming this spring and more information on these will be made available at a later date.
Rockstar also said later this year, more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto 5 are coming, including more holiday-themed updates, some Story Mode DLC and more.
Upcoming GTA Online Title Updates will include the following:
- The addition of a ‘Non-Contact’ option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode – for those who want to play it – will eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- Closing RP exploits and adjustments to the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating will be made. Player RP will only be adjusted if they have participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other “similarly nefarious behavior.” If players grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, their RP should not be affected by this correction.
- Players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000 is another fix in the works.
More tweaks and enhancements are in the works, and a date for when to expect the spring update was not provided in the press release.