Race To Mars, the turn-based space company simulation from Intermarum, is available through Steam Early Access from today.
In the game, players are tasked with becoming the head of company establishing a colony on Mars.
Players will begin as a start-up business which must develop “cutting edge aerospace technologies,” ultimately using said tech to achieve orbit and fly beyond Earth.
As with most Early Access games, Race To Mars is still in development and the current build is not the final version.
The game contains the following features:
- System of gaining Prestige points, which show how your company evolves and
- will enable it to develop further
- Almost all features in Administration building: manage staff and buildings, use the bank (take loans or deposit money), view reports, answer first questions from journalists and build your reputation
- Answer questions from the journalists and build your reputation
- Build Satellite Program which unlocks development of crucial technologies at Research & Development
- Access to the Market which allows players to buy items like a rocket which will launch your satellite to the orbit
- Access to the first Full Space Mission
- Random events which will affect your company’s involvement
New features will be added as development progresses and the full game is released including new research projects, new contracts, more market options, Achievements and more.
Race to Mars will run you $19.99 and will release in full sometime between June and July.