Xbox One March update video touches upon the party system, friends list, more

Tuesday, 25th February 2014 16:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has released a video giving you a look at the Xbox One party system, friends list, and other improvements coming with the system’s March update. The content in the video is presented by Richard Irving of the Xbox One engineering team.

1. Legendaryboss

It is truly staggering to see lengths MS are going to match Titanfall and Xbox One. Xbox One Bundle, controllers, Ads, updates, collectors edition and twitch support. Impressive.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Fin

Man how was this stuff not in the OS Day 1.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Hcw87

It’s their killer app, what’s so hard to get about that? If PS4 had a new huge IP releasing, you could bet your ass they would do the same thing.

Business 101.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

@Hcw87 The only thing thats hard to get right now is why you assume that its hard for me understand the lengths MS are going to Match XboxOne & Titanfall. I’m commenting on their impressive ability to do that. I’m well aware of what businesses would do in this situation.

I don’t care what Sony would do and they are irrelevant here.

#4 7 months ago
  5. verrrb

This all looks good , but I hope the xbox one price drop is comming soon!

#5 7 months ago
  6. ddtd

@Fin Because they released the console several months too soon.

That would also explain why they’re just now starting to get the updated SDK finished that will supposedly allow devs to better use the eSRAM.

They came to the party too soon to try to match Sony’s release date. Though, I don’t think it would have done them any good if the had held back

#6 7 months ago
  7. ddtd

@Legendaryboss I think he was commenting in Fin’s post, not your’s.

#7 7 months ago
  8. NocturnalB

How was none of this on the system from the get go? Man…. as someone who played the 360 pretty much exclusively last gen I have STAYED constantly angry and frustrated with them for the last year. I really want to pick up a XB1 but I refuse to yet. I am sick to fucking death of the constant back peddling, switching things around, fixing and adding shit that should have been there and working to begin with…

P.S. “fixing and adding shit that should have been there and working to begin with…” applies to DICE studios as well. Boy do I have some zingers to ask those people.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Kreion

@NocturnalB

Seriously “I really want to but won’t” bull-shit. If you really wanted one, You would have bought one, more to the point you would have been LESS likely to buy one if they hadn’t changed a lot of the DRM choices at the behest of the consumer market.

Switching things aroung?! UPDATES. My god, every system SHOULD be being updated as much as possible to fix bugs and such. The current changes are likely down to consumer feedback.

Should it have been there to start with? Abso-fucking-lutely and Microsoft should be paying more attention to the consumer demand before releasing. But does that mean they should be chanstised for changing the system? Not at all.

#9 7 months ago