Five games have been nominated for the International Film Music Critics Association’s 2013 awards, which includes a category dedicated to Best Original Score for a Video Game or Interactive Media.
The five nominees are:
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag by Ubisoft, music by Brian Tyler
- Beyond: Two Souls by Quantic Dream, music by Lorne Balfe
- Company of Heroes 2 by Relic Entertainment, music by Cris Velasco
- Puppeteer by SCE Japan Studio, music by Patrick Doyle
- Remember Me by Dontnod, music by Olivier Deriviere
We’ve highlighted Assassin’s Creed 4 in the title because composer Brian Tyler has also been nominated for the Composer of the Year award. Although he has contributed scores to other video games, including Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel, he’s best known for his Hollywood gigs; Tyler’s also nominated in a non-gaming category for his work on Iron Man 3.
The award results will be announced on February 20. Previous winners of the Best Original Score for a Video Game award include Journey (Austin Wintory) and Ni No Kuni (Joe Hisaishi).
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.