Rakuten’s Play.com has released its sales stats for December to January, crowning Call of Duty: Ghosts as its best-selling game of the holiday season. However, PC game sales trumped PS4 and Xbox One software for the period.
In a press release, Rakuten revealed that PS4’s launch titles outsold Xbox One’s release slate three-to-one (or 65% to 35%) between December 1 and January 17. Call of Duty: Ghosts was the top-selling title on both formats, with FIFA 14 following in second place.
The best-selling games for the period on Play.com were as follows:
- Football Manager 2014 (PC Game)
- FIFA 14 (X360 Game)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360 Game)
- The Last of Us (PS3 Game)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3 Game)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360)
- Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360)
- Batman: Aarkham Origins (PS3)
- FIFA 14 (PS3)
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Note the lack of next-gen titles in the list. Rakuten has stated that PC software out-sold PS4 and Xbox One titles for the period, thanks in part to Football Manager 2014’s strong sales, among other titles.
What do you make of the above.