Brutal Legend: Schafer would love to revisit the IP, “Jack Black might be up for it”

Wednesday, 22nd January 2014 10:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Brutal Legend developer Double Fine never made a sequel to the heavy metal romp, but studio founder Tim Schafer has stressed that he’d love to return to the world via a new game or DLC, and that actor Jack Black would probably be up for coming back.

It follows the release of Double Fine’s Kickstarter-funded adventure Broken Age: Act One. Hit the link for Brenna’s full appraisal of the game.

Speaking with Gamespot, Schafer said, “I love that world and I would love to go back there. And I think Jack Black might be up for it, too,” and added, “I would love to go back to that world or even just do a DLC pack. We’re always trying to get Lionwhyte in there; a playable Lionwhyte army. Maybe that would happen someday. I would definitely love to do that.”

In Brutal Legends, Lionwhyte was leader of the Hair Metal Militia, and sounds like a personal favourite of Schafer’s.

Would you like to see the world of Brutal Legend return? Let us know below.

Via OXM.

1. Talkar

Brütal Legend* :P

#1 3 months ago
  2. NeoSquall

DO IT TIM!

#2 3 months ago
  3. RandomTiger

@2 +1

#3 3 months ago
  4. soqquatto

not another bad RTS, please.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Pytox

@3 +1

#5 3 months ago
  6. The_Red

Drop the RTS, keep the rest, make some goddamn metal!

#6 3 months ago
  7. fearmonkey

Agreed with the others here, kill the RTS gameplay and make it like the first part of the game when it was good.

#7 3 months ago
  8. 8bitnuke

OMG Please! TIM!!! PLEASE :D :D

#8 3 months ago
  9. ManuOtaku

Glad to hear i did love this game so much, as a head banger myself, maybe thats why i didnt mind the RTS sections of the game, i remember i did find them enjoyable, but dont take my word for granted iam very biased torwards this series, and the games from this developer, besides Nintendo,Rare and sucker punch, they are in my top five favorite developers.

#9 3 months ago
  10. Kuwabara

awesome game , awesome soundtrack, sweet graphics. Could never find all the hidden serpent statues, came so close though.

#10 3 months ago