GTA 5 PC: more evidence of anticipated port found in bug log

Monday, 20th January 2014 01:53 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Grand Theft Auto 5 has never been announced for PC, but yet more evidence has turned up suggesting a port is on the way.

PC Gamer analysed a GTA 5 bug log and found over 170 references it believes pertains to a PC build.

The bug log was apparently leaked in September, but recently become more easily available after a brief stay on a public Google Drive account, now shuttered.

The log’s authenticity is lent credence by detailed references to proprietary Rockstar management systems, and annotations from staff.

This is just the latest in a series of hints suggesting Rockstar’s latest will grace the PC sooner than later. AMD made mention of of GTA 5 in a driver update, and retail and industry sources have repeatedly said the PC launch is expected early this year.

A petition to bring the game to PC had amassed 659,349 signatures at time of writing.

We haven’t heard as much about a next-gen console launch, though.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. rockman29

Where is the PS4 version?

#1 9 months ago
  2. Tormenter

Do people actually think for a second that this WON’T come to PC?

It’s the same story every version..”It’s not coming to PC”.. months later.. “Here’s the pc version.”

Money is to be made, why do people always fall for that line?

On a different note.. the petition.. pretty lame.

#2 9 months ago
  3. schrodinger_cat

I’m pretty sure, next-fen port is not coming, it’s just doesn’t make sense: install base is small, and with Playstation Now, you’ll can play GTAV on PS4 anyway…

#3 9 months ago
  4. Vice

#2 Been saying same word in word since they released it. People don’t seem to understand how it all works.

#4 9 months ago
  5. revolting

@2, 4. Indeed, it’s always the same. The even more ridiculous part is that when it is eventually officially announced, those 659k petition signers will see it as some kind of victory, that they have somehow changed the face of gaming… meanwhile, Rockstar will chuckle to themselves all the way to the bank.

Which is not to belittle either Rockstar’s efforts or the game itself; it was easily my game of the year for 2013, and anyone who hasn’t played it on console should absolutely pick it up when the PC version lands. Just don’t kid yourself into thinking that the voice of the people somehow made it happen; It was, always has been and always will be the voice of the accountant.

#5 9 months ago
  6. pukem0n

lol@money to be made…

GTA 4 sold only 800k times on PC.

#6 9 months ago
  7. thyho

#6 Sold 800k physically you don’t know how many digital version it was sold on Steam and GFWL.

#7 9 months ago
  8. psxman

Hey Rockstar, how’s that Red Dead Redemption port coming along?

;_;

#8 9 months ago
  9. Tormenter

Considering that is pure profit on top of all the rest of the profit, then, yeah… money to be made.

“The even more ridiculous part is that when it is eventually officially announced, those 659k petition signers will see it as some kind of victory, that they have somehow changed the face of gaming… meanwhile, Rockstar will chuckle to themselves all the way to the bank.”

Yeah.. lololololol.

#9 9 months ago
  10. StephonTooley

My Uncle Easton just got a nice twelve month old Mercedes R-Class Diesel from only workin part-time on a home computer. this link http://goo.gl/MRFq7P (Home tab more information)

#10 9 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Just fucking confirm it Rockstar, with all the rumours floating around its practically confirmed anyway.

#11 9 months ago
  12. jon_

659,349 signatures
    6,3
    HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

#12 9 months ago
  13. DreamCleaver

Hmm… I might have gotten it at release, but now it’s just way too late. If they down-prioritize my platform of choice, then I’ll down-prioritize buying their product. Thank you very much!

And I think the people who got it on console won’t be buying it on PC (not first thing, anyway (if that’s what they were counting on)) as they’re more likely to just pirate the game, instead. I mean, they’ve already paid full price for it once and might not be too keen on doing it again. Unless, of course, they’re interested in playing GTA Online on PC, assuming it gets ported, i.e. Perhaps this was their intention? My hypothesis might be wrong, though.

And me personally? I will maybe buy GTA V during a sale, 50% or more. The hype has been over for months. A lot other developers are so much more deserving of my time and money.

#13 9 months ago
  14. revolting

@13 Actually… while I might agree with you in most cases (already owning it on xbox is why I adamantly refused to buy Castle Crashers again when it came out on steam, no matter how low they price it in a sale and no matter how much I love the game. I just hate the concept of paying again for something I already own.), in this case I absolutely would get it again, for cash money even. That’s how good the game is. That’s how much I love it.

There are always exceptions to the rule. I own the first two Alien and Predator films on VHS, DVD and Blu Ray, because I love them that much, but I would never re-purchase any of my other already-owned DVDs on Blu-ray. But there are exceptions, and GTAV is very much Alien for me. I would absolutely buy that game again, and love playing it again. And with its surprisingly good multiplayer, it will thrive on PC. Not to mention all the other goodness that comes from that platform. (self-stustaining community, mods, streaming etc, etc.)

So, yeah. Bring it on.

Also, it seems like your comment is massively weighted with a lot of cutting off your nose to spite your face. You seem to hate Rockstar for entirely personal reasons. Which, honestly, is daft. They’re a large-scale company who produces entertainment products, not a bully who has a personal vendetta against you. You either enjoy what they produce or you don’t. No need to make it so personal.

And, again, honestly, anyone who misses out on GTAV only to spite Rockstar is A) proving and achieving absolutely nothing and B) missing out on one of the most enjoyable, entertaining, spectacularly realised gaming experiences of recent years. If you don’t like open world games, fair enough. If you don’t like bombastically violent games, fair enough. If you don’t like strong language, fair enough. But if you’re avoiding it just to stick it to the man, you’re missing the point of gaming, fun and life itself.

#14 9 months ago
  15. DreamCleaver

When have I ever said I hated Rockstar Games? I just dislike the fact they didn’t port it to PC and release it alongside the console versions. Pretty sure I’m not the only one. I just don’t want to encourage this behavior. And if I can contribute to a change of their policy in a way, however small, I will do so.
    I still look forward playing it. Just not as much as I did in September. I managed waiting till now, what’s another, (e.g.) 6 months?

#15 9 months ago