Obsidian hiring for next-gen game

Monday, 13th January 2014 16:41 GMT By Sherif Saed

Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment is currently looking for a UI designer to work on a next-gen game.

A listing on the studio’s blog, caught by iGameResponsibly, is asking for a “talented and experienced UI artist to design the user experience for a next generation game.”

“This artist will be responsible for creating a ground breaking user-experience, including laying out designs, creating concepts and mockups, creating in-game assets, assembling them, animating them and exporting them, using Adobe Flash CS5 and Scaleform,” the post continues.

Obsidian’s is currently working on South Park: The Stick of Truth, which is due in March. The studio hasn’t announced any other major titles in the pipeline however.

Fallout: New Vegas 2? Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks, NeoGaf.

1. monkeygourmet

Fallout 4: New Vegas

But obviously we need Fallout 4 ASAP

#1 11 months ago
  2. Obernox

New Vegas had some brilliant writing, but the setting sucked. Stick with an urban setting for post-apocalyptic environments please.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Panthro

They need a UI designer, one of the main things I never liked was the way the HUD and Pip-Boy were laid out.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Dark

@2 1+

#4 11 months ago
  5. Erthazus

@3, Tell that to Bethesda. All the issues New Vegas had is from a Bethesda engine and UI development.

Fallout 3 was a mediocre if not horrible RPG. If you can actually call it “RPG”

#5 11 months ago
  6. TheBlackHole

@2, @4,

Some of us like colours other than grey.

#6 11 months ago
  7. deathm00n

@6 Some of us like colours other than orange.

Works both ways. I prefer the setting of 3 by a mile away. And yeah, I played the originals (because that’s what everyone tells you to do when you say you prefer 3) and I still find the New Vegas setting too “happy”

And besides, I remember reading somewhere that Obsidian can’t do a new Fallout until the next one from Bethesda comes out due to legal contracts.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Erthazus

@7, It’s not happy. It is what Fallout is about. It was about absurd Post Apocalyptic world.

Original Fallout 3 was not too serious either. It was crappy with Atom bombs at the center of the city with working engines in the cars after 200 hundred years.

If you are looking forward to serious Post-apocalypric setting you are looking for a wrong game. STALKER, Metro series and Survarium is close to that

#8 11 months ago
  9. deathm00n

@8 I know 3 wasn’t serious too, but the general tone was more darker, the characters were all affected more by the world around them. In New Vegas people didn’t give a shit about anything. But both are excellent games and both have flaws, don’t get me wrong. I find it absurd how in 3 no one have tried to rebuilt society after 200 years, but New Vegas gave a nonsense response as to why their city survived. NCR in the other hand was totally believable, likewise the BOS chapter in 3.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Nobroact

#10 11 months ago
  11. Nobroact

my buddy’s step-sister makes $78 every hour on the computer. She has been fired from work for 7 months but last month her paycheck was $16593 just working on the computer for a few hours. hop over to this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://x.co/3coZR

#11 11 months ago
  12. Penney R. Tucker

I’ve got my FIRST check total of $1681for one week, pretty cool. working from home saves income in several ways.I love that. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home. here is i started….. http://WWW.TeC80.COⅯ

#12 11 months ago