UK game charts: Call of Duty Ghosts holds top, Gran Turismo 6 in at 8th

Monday, 9th December 2013 09:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Gran Turismo 6 has entered the UK game charts at 8th this week, while Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Ghosts holds the top spot.

It follows our Gran Turismo 6 review round-up. Get all the scores through the link.

You’ll find the chart below. Eurogamer adds that the superb Super Mario 3D World is still being outsold by PS4 debut Knack, which in my opinion is a pile of spaff.

Here’s the chart so far, we’re waiting on UKIE to publish the rest.

1. Call Of Duty: Ghosts
  16. Tomb Raider
  17. Football Manager 2014
  18. Knack
  19. The Legend Of Zelda: Link Betweeen Worlds
  20. Super Mario 3D World

1. a7md1990

GT6 in at 8th! Holly crap KMN!

#1 9 months ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

Where is Forza?

So Killzone is the highest placed next gen exclusive?

Just goes to show what a poor selection there is.

#2 9 months ago
  3. The_Red

This might sound harsh to talented people that worked on Forza 5 and GT6 but I am so HAPPY that both titles bombed because FUCK YOU and your micro-transactions.

As for Knack still being ahead of Mario 3D, I feel both sad and happy. Sad because Mario 3D World is a superb game and happy because a new IP (Knack) is outselling a milked-to-death super sequel (Mario 3D World).

#3 9 months ago
  4. DrDamn

26 in all formats.

Individual formats has GT6 in 3rd, Forza 38 but time out and stock of the machine is going to have an impact in Forza’s case.

#4 9 months ago
  5. The_Red

Don’t know about micro-transaction filled mess that is Forza but it really is a shame that such a disappointing game like Killzone is selling so much while the best next-gen exclusive titles like Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct are not there (Though unless I’m mistaken, KI can’t be there since there is no retail release for that).

#5 9 months ago
  6. Dragon

I said it :D

” it really is a shame that such a disappointing game like Killzone is selling so much while the best next-gen exclusive titles like Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct are not there ”
    “Best” is a purely subjective thing. People like CoD, hence it sells. Same goes for every other game.

#6 9 months ago
  7. DrDamn

@The_Red
    I’m closing in on the finish of KZ:SF (Just done Chapter 8). It doesn’t do anything that different, but it’s a solid title and one I’ve thoroughly enjoyed. SP campaign wise it kicks the crap out of anything recent from the CoD and BF camps (admittedly that doesn’t say much!). Having a lot of fun MP too. Horses for courses and all that.

#7 9 months ago
  8. fengato

I’ve been a huge fan of GT in the past (have all the rare demos and memorabilia) but GT6 feels so very stale from the get go. Issues like the screen tearing and framerate, not to mention upscaled GT3 models and GT2 era engine noises make for a very tired feeling package. Kaz and co must be in a bubble – the average Joe who owns GT5 isn’t going to get much at all out of this – should have saved the effort for a true upgrade. Meh.

#8 9 months ago
  9. manamana

Check out Tomb Raider still in the top twenty, whilst Squenix lamented about the high development cost and how they aren’t selling their game. Eight months ago…

#9 9 months ago
  10. The_Red

I don’t think KZ is bad but rather disappointing based on critical reception and footage shown. Of course I haven’t played it personally so maybe it isn’t in my place to call it anything but so far, the game looks bad (Though I can believe the SP being better than BF4 and COD. Couldn’t finish BF4 but COD’s was HORRIBLE and what I got from BF4 was just as bad if not worse).

All of that said, I did try Dead Rising 3 and it actually feels like a next-gen game. That plus everything I’ve seen from Killer Instinct has been phenomenal and it just bothers me to see a same-ish FPS outselling those gems.

#10 9 months ago
  11. manamana

@Dave is it possible to get the matching plattforms? I know that you have that and even the sale numbers for the japanese charts and I find it quite interesting what title is selling on which plattform the most ….

#11 9 months ago
  12. manamana

Btw. Could the lack of XB1 titles be an indication of how many next gen consoles where sold in the UK? Just saying…

#12 9 months ago
  13. DrDamn

If you go to the Chart Track Website you can get quite a lot of different breakdowns. There may be restrictions on what vg247 can report forward from that though. See links in my post above.

#13 9 months ago
  14. manamana

@Dr okay, thanks!

Edit: just what I thought, XB1 isn’t doing so well in the UK. Check out the CoD, Battlefield and AssCreed distribution…

#14 9 months ago