Games with Gold December: Gears of War and Shoot Many Robots

Wednesday, 27th November 2013 14:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has announced the latest round of Games with Gold, and starting December 1 through December 15, Xbox Live Gold subscribers will get the original Gears of War for free. Next up, from December 16 through December 31, Demiurge Studios’ multiplayer shooter Shoot Many Robots will be the free game. Both are Xbox 360 titles, obviously.

1. Zackslacky

Really? Gears 1…thank god I sold my 360. Xbox one all the way dont nees that shit free.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Pytox

Wow Ms is being so generous … compared to sony ;p

#2 10 months ago
  3. FuntimeBen

Yeah, that game is how old?! This month I have gotten 5 newish games with my PS+, Microsoft doesn’t hold a flame to it.

#3 10 months ago
  4. DLTDawnlight

“Look at all that juice.”

#4 10 months ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

One of the best co-op experience I had this gen, 8 years (or 7, don’t have time to check) ago.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Obernox

I should just trade in the old box…… Been collecting dust since my gold expired.

#6 10 months ago
  7. varlok

that’s good …….

#7 10 months ago
  8. bradk825

Gears was a system seller for sure. A couple of my friends I was trying to woo over to Xbox finally bought one when I invited them over for some co-op.

It’s getting wearisome listening to trolls compare two completely different services as if PS+ games were really free games and games with gold aren’t really free.

#8 10 months ago
  9. chipvideo

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that when you stop your PSN+ service any game you were given for free is gone. When you stop paying for gold service on the 360 your game is still there.

#9 10 months ago
  10. SplatteredHouse

@8 The question then becomes: Are Sony doing enough for players, is the service appreciable enough, that people are happy to pay the subscription? In that way, the emphasis is placed on Sony to deliver. As long as that continues to happen, Sony can rely on additional income – and owners can rely on a regularly updated, vibrant and current selection of games at no EXTRA charge (and can feel a level of assurance in the point that the platform they’re using will likely be able to be maintained and improved). How great is that, in the end. :)

#10 10 months ago
  11. The_Red

I really love how fresh and recent games are offered on Games with Gold. The problem is that after Gears 1 they don’t have anything newer to release. I just wish there were a few sequels to that game.

Of course it’s never too late. We could get Gears 4 on Xbox One for $60 plus two $50 season passes that can only be unlocked via micro-transactions. I can easily see MS releasing that title for free on Games with Gold as soon as 2049.

#11 10 months ago