Ryse: Son of Rome – ‘The Fall’ Episode One now live, watch it here

Wednesday, 6th November 2013 08:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Ryse: Son of Rome – ‘The Fall’ Episode One is now live, courtesy of Microsoft and Machinima. Episode one is petty bloody and sets up the rest of the series.

The pilot sees barbarians enter Rome and kill a lot of people. Check it out above.

It follows announcement of the Ryse season pass, which grants 14 multiplayer maps and an extra game mode for $20.

What do you think?

Ryse: Son of Rome launches on Xbox One November 22.

Via AGB.

1. mistermogul

I realise this is probably designed as a source of promotion for the game but it all seems a bit pointless to me.

I thought it was going to be a proper show, you know where each episode is 30+ minutes with a decent script. This just strikes me as a glorified ad and a waste of time.

Personally I think the money could have been spent more wisely elsewhere and if this is a sign of the content to come on Xb1 then I will not feel I’m missing out on anything that’s for sure.

#1 12 months ago
  2. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Way too much money to spend in a game that’s going to sell eight copies, or at least be nine copies thick on the shelves of your local games exchange a week after its release.

#2 12 months ago
  3. TheBlackHole

Anyone know what the relevance of the word ‘Ryse’ is? Just shit spelling to be cool, or is it important/contextually relevant?

#3 12 months ago
  4. dontbescaredhomie92

@1 What’s wrong with a few short webisodes to promote what looks like a good game?
    The content is not the issue on XB1, it seems to be doing great so far games and software wise.
    I don’t see this sort of effort on Sony’s end, maybe instead of these shorts they should pretend to have actual legitimate exclusives on launch, that’s the reason I know I’m not missing out on anything.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Major Mayhem 70

@dough
    You must be new to this whole console launch slash game launch thing. Ryse will sell well cause it’s not a FPS. In fact it’s not the typical game that Xbox owners are accustomed to on the Xbox. It makes a great change of pace title coming out the gate.

#5 12 months ago
  6. mistermogul

@4 – nothing wrong with it mate, just seems a bit pointless to me that’s all.

“I don’t see this sort of effort on Sony’s end”

Exactly, I’m glad Sony (so far) are not putting their resources to similar webisodes.

Also you know their exclusives are not far away like Infamous, Driveclub and those in development at Media Molecule, Santa Monica, Cambridge, Naughty Dog etc…

#6 12 months ago
  7. zoopdeloop

@4 just so you know.Crytek doesn’t make good games.They make impressive graphics only

#7 12 months ago
  8. DrDamn

I would guess it’s related to trade marks and website domains. It’s easier with made up words. :)

#8 12 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@6: Did you forget the entire point of XBone?

Television

#9 12 months ago
  10. Pytox

@9 and sports :p

#10 12 months ago
  11. Kreion

Driveclub is not worth mentioning since Forza will simply be better (and GT will be better than Forza), the rest are also not worth mentioning since this is the launch games which are up for discussion here. In that area the PS doesn’t exactly have a standout offering…

And nice to see the only people here are idiots who want to bitch about a console they’re not going to buy.

#11 12 months ago
  12. Major Mayhem 70

And that’s what I find so hilarious. And it’s all of the video game sites. One mention of the game “Ryse” and the “Fannies” are out in full force to spew their negativity. If the game sucks so much you’d think they’d be glad that they’re buying a PS4 and too busy looking at articles concerning their launch games… Oh yeah, my bad…

#12 12 months ago
  13. mistermogul

@9 – lol

@11 – thanks for being so quick to judge and calling me an idiot.

If you read my comments you’ll see I didn’t in fact “bitch” about the Xb1 as a console or the game at all. I had the last two generations of Xbox and even though I don’t intend to buy Xbone, I’m still interested to see what MS are up to.

Am I not allowed to read Xbox articles simply because I’m not buying one?

@12 – I didn’t mention anywhere that I thought Ryse as a game sucked, just this crappy webisode (which is also only my opinion and not matter of fact).

And yes, I am busy also looking at PS4 articles, but like I said above does that mean I can’t look at Xbox articles also?

Stop being so freaking defensive and over-reactive.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Major Mayhem 70

Must be feeling guilty cause I never mentioned the name mistermogul. I was talking in general.

#14 12 months ago