Killzone: Shadow Fall’s campaign “should last well over 10 hours.”

Monday, 21st October 2013 17:09 GMT By Dave Owen

There’s a lot of pressure on Killzone: Shadow Fall to deliver when it launches with PS4 next month. At least the campaign should have a good amount of content, as game director Steven ter Heide has stated that the campaign should last over 10 hours “for most gamers.”

This is alongside the game’s multiplayer, which launches with 22 weapons available. The idea is for all weapons to be available from the get go, with attachments and customisation options unlocked through playing and completing certain challenges. Guerrilla has confirmed that the multiplayer will have dedicated servers.

Unfortunately there’s no plans for split-screen support. Online co-op and a hoard mode will become available at some point post-launch.

So, there should be plenty to keep you going.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Hcw87

…10?

If he said 15 or 20 it would actually be something worth bragging about. Basically it’s a BF3 campaign length confirmed :/

#1 9 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

I’m not bothered about campaign length as long as it’s good. Too much story/gameplay filler kills a game for me, I’d rather have a decent pace and narrative.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Panthro

Doesn’t really sound like hes bragging though, he just mentions it,

#3 9 months ago
  4. DreadSabot

Which means it will be over in 2 days tops – which is about a good avg fps play time. I hope the online is as good as I think it will be this time

#4 9 months ago
  5. dontbescaredhomie92

The only decent exclusive is basically going to have a 5-6 hour campaign then, pretty lame.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Phoenixblight

Killzone has always had a short campaign. For the fans of this series it’s always been about the MP more than the campaign.

#6 9 months ago
  7. Arcnail

This is exactly why Titanfall (and I’m guessing others) has no single player campaign (which I applaud). It’s just not worth the resources to put into it when you are only getting a 10 or so hours out of it.

Put your time and effort into the multiplayer, that’s where most of the game it played anyways..

#7 9 months ago
  8. Razor

6 hours it is, then :)

#8 9 months ago
  9. fearmonkey

When games say 10 hours of gameplay, that usually means 20 hours for me.
    I take my time on games, looking around seeing everything rather than just blazing though it,

#9 9 months ago
  10. torjs99

£390 for 10 hours. Im out

#10 9 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Whoa who the hell pays £390 for Killzone Shadow Fall? That price for a game for that amount hours: preorder cancelled :P

#11 9 months ago
  12. Johnnymaxx

I hope he is right. Killzone 2 and 3 were over like in 4, 5 hours. 10 hours is good enough for me.

#12 9 months ago
  13. zinc

Plays for 5, feels like 10, bored after 1.

;-)

#13 9 months ago
  14. xxJPRACERxx

Perfect length for this kind of game. More than that and it’s just boring.

#14 9 months ago