Walking Dead Season 2: TellTale promises “big news” this month

Monday, 14th October 2013 11:14 GMT By Dave Cook

The Walking Dead: Season Two developer TellTale Games has teased big news regarding the new season later this month.

It’s a scant tease, spotted on Twitter by OXM.

I appraised The Walking Dead: 400 Days when it released. The stop-gap between seasons has set up a new cast of characters quite well, but there’s still no Clementine to be seen.

Any theories?

1. Panthro

Am I allowed to be excited since Ill be buying this on PC?

Loljk. Cant wait.

#1 1 year ago
  2. _LarZen_

Probably going to announce that it’s coming for the next gen consoles?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Moonwalker1982

Would be a bit lame, cause didn’t they already kinda said that before?

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

I’m kinda blown away by Telltale. Sam and Max and Monkey Island were so bad, I had no idea they had the capacity to do something like The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us.

I actually think I like The Wolf more. I don’t read comics, so it’s really pretty neat.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

I liked The Wolf more. There’s no moral compass character, which actually puts the emphasis on the player more to make the decisions that they either feel would work more for the character/setting, or for themselves. Whereas with Clementine there was always this drive to do the best for her, and that meant that many possible options were barely ever picked (and the statistics proved that to be so true).

Plus, zombies are boring, now. I’d hope by this point that everyone’s getting zombie fatigue, and that we could use some more interesting backdrops for stories than shambling plagues. So the Fables and their politics are more interesting than, well, zombie games.

I feel zombie games are pretty much just ‘people arguing about stuff, sometimes zombies show up.’ And that’s it.

So, yeah, I think that The Wolf Among Us is more of an intelligent story, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has less of an overall appeal, because it’s definitely a different kind of beast to The Walking Dead. TWD was easy to understand, since it was just people huddled together, trying to survive, and arguing with each other. That’s a backdrop anyone could understand.

TWAU though… it’s the politics of fairtyale creatures, in a contemporary setting. So that’s just bizarre in ways that I find appealing.

Anyway, I hope Telltale does more of this visual novel stuff. It’s engaging and very enjoyable.

#5 1 year ago
  6. TrickyAudio

They had me when it was hinted PS3 saves can influence the PS4 game of Season 2. Wantwantwant.

…. also, Monkey Island bad!?? It was a classic!

#6 1 year ago