PS Plus November: Europe gets free Metal Gear Rising, Remember Me and more

Friday, 11th October 2013 12:25 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Plus members have free downloads of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Remember Me and more to look forward to in November. Sony has just published its full list of freebies.

The list was published over on PS Blog EU and goes as follows:

Free as of October 23:

• Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Remember Me
  • Oddworld Strangers Wrath
  • MotorStorm RC

Leaving PS Plus as of October 23:

• Far Cry 3
  • Mafia 2
  • Spec Ops The Line (NBA 2K13 in UAE)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Touch My Katamari

What do you make of the November content? America’s update will likely follow later today. it usually drops after Europe’s so hang tight.

1. monkeygourmet

No point in buying games for Playstation if you have plus! :)

I’ll give Remember Me a try.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Pytox

awesome haha :D

#2 10 months ago
  3. Lv01

for the first time im a lil gutted with the PS+ lineup…
    i already have MGS Rising and Remember Me..! dammit!
    both awesome games. another stellar PS+ update, fair play!!

#3 10 months ago
  4. Ireland Michael

How funny. I was literally thinking just last night, “I’ve been considering getting Remember Me for a while now. I wonder if it will ever come to PlayStation Plus. Probably not for a while…”

LO AND BEHOLD!

#4 10 months ago
  5. Eregol

@3 Trade the physical copies in and get the digital copies off of Plus. Simples.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Lv01

@5 yeah, its an option. but i like physical copies, im a lil old school in that respect.
    i also got the steelbook special edition version of Rising…
    alls good tho! i’ll still download oddworld!

#6 10 months ago
  7. xino

ok PSN+ is getting rawdy!

Farcry 3, i couldn’t even get into that crap
    Dragon Dogman is too boring too me.
    Specs Op the line was too sick!

i’ll likely try out Remember Me because i like the unique combat.
    MGR, i’m not looking forward to this but i hope i can get into the game. The cutscenes better make sense.

#7 10 months ago
  8. DrDamn

Nice update for me. Decent recent games too.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Lloytron

yay free games!

#9 10 months ago
  10. absolutezero

Get Rising. Play Rising. Get Gud at Rising. Get infinite rewards.

#10 10 months ago
  11. TrickyAudio

Decent as.

Was wondering what the offerings will be like for PS4. I mean its a new console, so they will be all brand new games for the first few months until more games start getting made.

Excellent value, though.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Ireland Michael

@Tricky, expect the first six months or so to be mostly indie titles or stripped down versions of retail games.

Bigger retail games will come after a while. I could totally see something like Watchdogs for… say… Christmas 2014.

#12 10 months ago
  13. MFBB

That is awesome.

Was going to buy Remember Me and Metal Gear Rising in the next weeks.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Pytox

@10 yea i tried the MGSR demo and it is damn hard, i ll be having to try lots :D

also for ps4 wasnt binding of isaac as ps plus free game?

#14 10 months ago
  15. Eregol

I know Resogun and Outlast were supposed to be free….

#15 10 months ago
  16. CyberMarco

Seriously Sony, stop it already! :P Can’t handle all those awesome games you throw at me. I was planning to buy MGR at one point, but it’s good to have it now.

@monkey, that’s why I’m going to buy only games that I want to have in my collection and probably wont make it to PS+, like MGS Saga Collection, KH 1.5 HD and other GoTY editions.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Joe Musashi

Welp, I already beat those games. But enjoyed them a lot. Remember Me is far from a perfect game but it’s really really great and very stylish. It’s the sort of game I’d recommend more people play. I suspect that’ll happen now.

If that’s the November lot, December should be good. My guess is Tomb Raider being a headline title. Square have been very generous on PS+ with stuff like Hitman and Sleeping Dogs so far.

JM

#17 10 months ago
  18. Dimaco

Well what can we say… sweet update! Always wanted to give MGR a try, and was kinda interested in Remember me.. guess that this will keep me occupied until the PS4 comes out! :-)

#18 10 months ago
  19. mistermogul

Bummer I was hoping for Shadow of the Colossus like NA got…

Might give MG Rising a go though :)

#19 10 months ago
  20. zoopdeloop

@18 Shadow of the Colossus was on EU PSN in June.I guess you missed it…

#20 10 months ago
  21. Dragon

Personally a bad update for me. Both those Vita games were completed by me.

However, something interesting of note, PS3 games have been reduced from 3 to 2 games. However, its not a contradiction on their part, since the promise is of 54+ games free per year isn’t broken. Moreover, PS4 will get 1 free game per month.
    Hopefully Vita offering doesn’t decrease.

Still, by far, the best thing 50$ can buy in gaming imo.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Panthro

Meanwhile on xbox, they get to play their free copy of heroes of might and magic… lol

#22 10 months ago
  23. Eregol

@22 Supposedly a good game. Didn’t do much for me when I tried it, but it’s probably the best game they’ve had on that service.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Ireland Michael

@22 Hey, Clash of Heroes is awesome.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Panthro

@25 Each to their own ;)

It never interested me though.

#25 10 months ago
  26. Ge0force

In an era where almost every new game comes with day 1 DLC and micro-transactions, and a payed subscription is required to use internet explorer and youtube on your console, PS+ is king imo ^^

#26 10 months ago
  27. TheBlackHole

Wait… so stuff LEAVES plus?

all I keep hearing is how much better PS plus is because you get free new games.

You don’t get to keep them?

#27 10 months ago
  28. Eregol

Once you have added them to you Download list they are yours for as long as you subscribe to PS Plus.
    By ‘leaving plus’ it means that if you haven’t already added them, then you will miss out on the opportunity to add them to your list.

If you have added them you can continue to play them for as long as you have an active sub.
    If your sub lapses, you wont be able to play them. If you re-do your sub, then you can then play them again.

If you add them to your DL list but don’t DL them, you can still DL them after they have been removed from Plus as you added them to your DL list before they were removed from Plus.

If you delete them from your console, you can re-dl them as long as you have a valid PS Plus sub.

I hope that has answered your question and any future questions you might have had.

#28 10 months ago
  29. TheBlackHole

Thanks. Very thorough.

That’s pretty cool.

#29 10 months ago
  30. Dragon

“Essentially you aren’t allowed to play the games while you’re not subscribed, but you don’t lose them when you lapse, they’re just temporarily locked?”
    Yeah, generally, but not always. For example, Jak and Daxter HD Collection is free on Vita plus right now and has no restrictions on it. Its yours forever.

“So as long as you add them to your queue, you can simply subscribe for the time you want to play, then let it lapse with NO effect?”
    Yeah. Basically true. See above for rather cool exceptions.

#30 10 months ago
  31. DrDamn

@BlackHole
    It cunningly means the longer you sub the more valuable it becomes to you as you build up a huge catalogue of games you can re-download as and when needed.

#31 10 months ago
  32. fearmonkey

@28 – Thank you for writing all of that, I wondered how that worked.

#32 10 months ago
  33. Takeshi

Oh yeah, I have been waiting to loan Rising at my library, but it never came for some reason. And Remember Me have been sort of a “will play when I can do at a good price”.

VERY happy to know I can just wait for PS+. :)

#33 10 months ago
  34. pukem0n

Remember Me really is a great game.

although, we have to see how great PS+ will be on next gen, since Sony can’t just give out brandnew PS4 games every month.

#34 10 months ago
  35. Fethennour

I wanted to try Remember Me, thanks Sony for giving me the opportunity. ;) I don’t think I’ll take MGR, I didn’t like the demo.

#35 10 months ago
  36. Kuwabara

Does anyone know if the ps plus service will carry over to the ps3 indefinitely? for instance if i have my ps3 for the next 10 years with a ps4 that has ps plus, will i still be able to play the games on the ps plus games on the ps3. Or do you think ps plus will cease to exist on ps3.

#36 10 months ago
  37. Djoenz

They said you can transfer psn and ps+ to ps4 but it should be able to do so the other way around but Im not sure though.

#37 10 months ago
  38. wildBoar

@37/36 I think you need 1 sub for each system. You can transfer the sub to PS4, but that means it deactivates on PS3 I think. They’re propably going to do a lot discounts or free sub months etc if you carry two subs. But I can’t imagine anyone picking PS4 PS+ over PS3.

When PS3s start being phased out and the PS3 library finally gets ported to PS4 PSN it’s propably going to become a single service again tho.

#38 10 months ago
  39. CyberMarco

@36/37/38

One PS+ sub covers all 3 platforms, PS3, PS Vita and PS4. Even if you only have a PS3 or PS Vita, you still have access to the PS+ section of PS4.

#39 10 months ago
  40. DrDamn

Yep. One sub covers all systems. So if you have PS+ on your PS3 now it will also be used on the PS4. Same sub covers you for PSV. If you have a PS+ sub but no Vita and plan on getting a Vita at some point make sure you keep grabbing Vita stuff as it appears. You can download it again from your download list when you actually get a Vita.

#40 10 months ago
  41. Eregol

Where has this idea of a separate sub for each machine?
    It’s always been one sub covering all 3.and Sony have confirmed this to be the case.

#41 10 months ago