Xbox One Gamerpics: 300 1080p pics due at launch, SmartGlass guide discussed

Tuesday, 24th September 2013 10:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One will feature 300 Gamerpics at launch, according to Microsoft’s Marc Whitten, along with a SmartGlass guide that allows for profile and content management. Check out the details here.

Speaking as part of an IGN ‘Ask Microsoft Anything’ session, chief Xbox One platform architect Marc Whitten said that the company expects to offer 300 1080p gamerpics to users at launch, and then offered three examples. Here’s one, then two, and the third. They’re watermarked so I won’t embed them here.

As you can see above, the images sit behind your new profile, displaying your Gamerscore, how long you’ve been an Xbox Live member, your reputation and more.

When asked how SmartGlass works to maintain profiles and content, Whitten replied, “Xbox SmartGlass is the optimal multitasking companion for Xbox One. You can easily access the Xbox OneGuide to see what’s on TV and change channels, keep up with what your friends are doing on Xbox, view GameDVR clips, view achievements and challenges, and snap apps on your Xbox One directly from your phone or tablet.”

What do you think of the new-look profiles and Gamerpics so far? Let us know below.

Via OXM.

1. VibraniumSpork

Can this be one?: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/564/411/8cb.jpg

#1 1 year ago
  2. absolutezero

My gamer picture please do not steal.

#2 1 year ago
  3. noamlol2

i’m afrid to click user pic links

#3 1 year ago
  4. _LarZen_

I want to use a picture of me, and I want to remove the gamertag and use my own name. Just like on the PS4.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

So do that?

You can change gamertag to whatever you want it to be for a price and using the camera you can make your gamer picture a picture of yourself.

#5 1 year ago
  6. _LarZen_

#5 On the X360 on can take a photo with the Xbox Live Vision camera. I have done that, but I think it’s only my friends that can see it. I would like it to replace my cartoon avatar completely.

And with the name you are right!

#6 1 year ago
  7. TrickyAudio

1080p Gamerpics. Living the dream, y0.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Kreion

Well maybe you should also make also accounts use your real name then, Mr _LarZen_ -.-

#8 1 year ago
  9. torjs99

1080p @ 1 frame per second. lol

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

No 900p pics?!

#10 1 year ago
  11. saucymonk

Microsoft, getting all the important things ready for launch…..

#11 1 year ago