Ubisoft confirms Uplay service for PS4 and Xbox One

Tuesday, 10th September 2013 11:16 GMT By Dave Cook

Ubisoft has confirmed that its social and additional content service Uplay will hit PS4 and Xbox One.

Eurogamer reports that Uplay features will indeed be available in Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, The Crew, The Division, Watch Dogs, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and Trials Fusion.

Ubisoft confirmed that players will be able to use the service when PS4 and Xbox One launch this November, while the PC Uplay client 4.0 is set for an October launch, when it will add a social wall and download manager into the mix.

Do you use Uplay? Let us know below.

1. TrickyAudio

I used it once when I unlocked a ‘wallpaper’ in Assassins Creed II.

It was pretty shit..

#1 11 months ago
  2. Djoenz

I have no idea what it is.

#2 11 months ago
  3. melonbuster1

I got tons of sweet stuff from them .. but it seems to me that they should just be unlock ables in the game without the login hassle

#3 11 months ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

Meh, yeah I’ve used it, and it was okay…but it did feel a little bit redundant. I’m with @3 – In most cases it felt like by completing the main game you earned enough UPlay points to unlock the content within that game. If so, why not just include that as in-game unlocks anyways?

Also, some of the content was wickety-wack. Old school static XBox wallpapers or bits of tatty concept art. Big whoop.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Bomba Luigi

Well… its not the Worste Thing you can run in on the PC. It has some good Ideas, and it got better over the Years – but its still not that great. But not that bad either.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Demigod

Well welcome to DRM. This is just a way to lock games to a user account so they cant be resold. IF the retail ps4 and xone game ship with a disk ID (bluray key etc). Digital is hard enough to return/sell as it is.

Only EA offer a digital returns service iirc

#6 11 months ago
  7. AngryConsumer

i was never a fan of the assassin creed games, so never played more than the first. but i feel really sorry for fans of the assassin creed games. uplay was dreadful crap on the pc and now you are forced to deal with this shit on the consoles too. if you buy any of these ubisoft games on the consoles from now, on your ps4, you must register yourself on their webpage. before they let you play the game on your console, or to access parts of it. without doing so you will not be able to enjoy what you have bought.

for me as a customer this means no more buy of any ubisoft games anymore… ubisoft and their uplay can fuck off!!

#7 11 months ago
  8. Pytox

@7 it is already in splinter cell blacklist too

#8 11 months ago
  9. AngryConsumer

@8 i only played the first splinter cell game, since i had metal gear, that i thought was the better game. so i didn’t bother with more of splinter cell. but if what you said is true and uplay is already force on you, with splinter cell blacklist. then that is quite shocking because that is a release of this gen not next gen. i feel sorry for the people that have become victims of this uplay drm unknowingly. but you know what to do, dont buy any ubisoft games and let ubisoft know this is not acceptable. only then will they remove it.

#9 11 months ago
  10. powerbuoy

I bought Far Cry 3 on Steam but every time I start it it launches UPlay instead and then I have to login and launch it from there.

Same thing with GTA4 and GFWL and I can’t stand it! Is every publisher going to open their own store now or what? So annoying…

#10 11 months ago
  11. GwynbleiddiuM

Alert the JSOC and set the national security status on DEFCON 1 because my fellow gamers no matter what banners you carry this is a major fucking crisis.

#11 11 months ago
  12. AngryConsumer

get some cracks/hacks that disable the crap… thats the only good advice i have for you. i hope for godsake you didnt buy it, but grabbed it from piratebay or somewhere else. these idiots at ubisoft dont deserve any money. when they force the uplay drm on customers.

#12 11 months ago
  13. AngryConsumer

@11 this is serious and nothing to kid around with. because microsoft have or are gonna put down gfwl. and the games that you bought and depend on this gfwl is now unplayable. on pc you can go through the hassle of hack it if you want to, but on consoles you cant.

i think any customers that buy a game should be able to play it 30 years from now if they wanted. they shouldn’t be dictated by publishers on how to use their bought games by drm crap.

#13 11 months ago
  14. CyberMarco

I have a feeling that AngryConsumer is ps3fanboy undercover…

#14 11 months ago
  15. dizzygear

Yo dawg i heard you liked STEAM so we put our own shitty rip off of STEAM on top of STEAM when you buy our games.

I had this shit forced on me when i wanted played FC3 Blood dragon on my PC. Thanks for the heads up. i will also avoid Ubisoft games on the consoles from now on.

#15 11 months ago
  16. GwynbleiddiuM

@13 I wasn’t joking, I’m serious because out of these many similar services out there uPlay even surpasses YuPlay in incompetence, I’d go with GFWL any day over this and everyone around here knows I hate GFWL.

#16 11 months ago
  17. MFBB

It would indeed be very annoying if consoles now also force you to register for uplay when you want to play a game.

Hope its only optional like steam on ps3.

Those games are online only anyway but still, login into xbox/ps network should be enough.

Same with MMOs on consoles, the xbox/ps account login should be all thats needed.

#17 11 months ago
  18. KTF26

origin is next

i don’t get the point
    either MGS or Splinter Cell
    why not both?

#18 11 months ago
  19. Docker Al

Uplay has frozen my 360 on several occasions now during SC:Blacklist. Try to launch it and the system freezes, requiring a reboot. As has been pointed out above just give us the unlocks in game, like non-retards do. Useless piece of shit.

#19 11 months ago
  20. Gysix

Genuily created this account JUUUST to say:

Omfg Ubisoft WHO on earth are you paying to come with such USELESS ideas. Do your managers even PLAY GAMES? Loads of jobs on the market, can’t wait to get my masters degree when I see this.

Slow, hassle to get to your game, cheap looking, POINTLESS “points” you earn, bad syncing, unsecure (yeah gj on getting HACKED I enjoyed that too).

You guys just look like a bunch of NEWBIES to the gaming world its almost funny to see how being a big company just doesn’t mean shit regarding what you know about your domain. I will NEVER buy a single other game requiring your shitty DRM to run on, ==> NEVER <==

#20 11 months ago
  21. noamlol2

so basicly don’t buy any UBI games

easy peaszy

#21 11 months ago
  22. zersus

Bye Bye Ubisorft, we had a good time in the past don’t we?
    But the time has come for me to move on and I think I should let you know.

Farewell old friend, we won’t see each other again.

#22 11 months ago
  23. viralshag

So many drama queens in here…

Isn’t the Uplay service already on the current consoles anyway?

#23 11 months ago
  24. Llewelyn_MT

The problem is current generation couldn’t handle additional DRM level, the next one could.

#24 11 months ago