Call of Duty: Strike Team out now on iOS

Thursday, 5th September 2013 12:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Strike Team has just launched on iOS. It’s a strategic take on Activision’s franchise that blends top-down, third and first-person perspectives in one package.

You can find the game on iTunes here, and it’ll run you £4.99 / $6.99.

Set in the year 2020, Call of Duty: Strike Team lets players customise their squad load-outs and then dive into missions from a variety of perspectives. There’s a full campaign as well as a wave-based survival mode. It sounds a lot like the Strike Force missions from Black Ops 2, but given its own plot and setting.

The Guardian adds that the game’s in-app purchases total £69.99, and consist of tokens that can be bought to upgrade your soldiers and squad.

What do you make of the above? Has this taken you by surprise?

1. Lengendaryboss

Holy hell from CVG:
    “According to The Guardian in-app purchase prices can total as much as £69.99.”

That classic Activision milking.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Tech-N9ne

Typical whiner.

Last time I checked, it optional. Plus Activision just like every other company is out to make money. If you wanna get with the program go buy some Activision shares, its not like Activision is some guy sitting somewhere milking money, the company is owned by the public and has over 7000 employee salaries to pay.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Biscuitpants

@1 lol looser

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

If i wanted to whine i would/could but i’m not, so i suggest you get off your goddamn high horse before labelling me as a “typical whiner”. I could label you an elitist snob but that would be stooping to your level.

Wah, wah, wah, wah, mommy buy me chocolate, mommy buy me game, my chair is too hard, my chair is too soft, my porridge is too cold, my porridge is too hot, give me popcorn, give me hot dogs: Thats whining.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

LOL Biscuit no such thing as a “looser” :P wanna try again?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tech-N9ne

@Lengendaryboss

My bad. I take that back.

#6 1 year ago
  7. mistermogul

Tbh this looks more interesting to me than normal COD.

At least they have added an element of strategy by the looks of it, though it could still be poorly executed I suppose…

#7 1 year ago
  8. Biscuitpants

@5 lengendary looser ;)

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

Well sucks for him/her ;) Me on the other feels that takes the biscuit :D

Get it?

#9 1 year ago
  10. xFidelCashflow

First person/third person shooter on a touch screen phone: yeaaaaaaah no thanks

GIVE ME KILLZONE: MERCENARY ALREADY