The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD screenshots show gameplay, Miiverse

Wednesday, 4th September 2013 18:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD has new screenshots available below the break. Wind Waker HD will be available as a bundle with a special edition Wii U Deluxe system, and will be released September 20 digitally. The packaged version launches October 4.

1. Arcnail

Zzzzz.. PS4 and Xbox One coming out with true next gen machines and Nintendo is rehashing a Zelda game (least fav personally) for the WiiU?

Even if there were no next gens coming out.. why would a person not buy a PS3 or a 360? Same graphics, waaay bigger libraries.

RIP Nintendo.

#1 11 months ago
  2. pcbros

I love the colors in this game. I never had the chance to fully play the original. So to echo Max’s comment on Miiverse, this will actually be an entirely new game to me :)

Miiverse +1

#2 11 months ago
  3. polygem

@1. strangely this game makes me more excited than any of the x1 or ps4 launch games.
    and i already played it twice.
    ms sony launch line up is just lame imho.
    hopefully those systems will get better games soon. i plan to buy at least one of them but they need masterpieces like this true gem right here.
    maybe some of the launch games will surprise me though.

#3 11 months ago
  4. polygem

@2. i wish it would be fresh for me as well but i am excited like a little school boy anyway. those colors look indeed great. instant feelgood vibe, add the awesome music, the new fast sailing option and miiverse to it and i know i will play through this faster than i actually want. it really is such a beautiful game.

edit:

if you want to add me on wiiu pcbros, feel free. it’s Miiggler. only if you feel like it.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Arcnail

Ya.. I mean it wasn’t a bad game.. just not my fav. I’m more just speaking on where WiiU is.. Nintendo’s 2 competitors are coming out with new rigs.. and this is all they could muster?

I would love for Nintendo to stick around, competition is good for all of us gamers. But with their lagging sales and really nothing I see coming out that is anything that even the PS3/360 can’t counter.. I just don’t see them in a good position.

#5 11 months ago
  6. pcbros

@1 – They did release Pikmin 3 recently. Also Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World 3D will be released in a few months.

If it’s about graphics, then PC > XB1/PS4.

Plus, computers have practically infinite backwards compatibility (I can still play games like Day of the Tentacle that came out decades ago). So the PC has a way bigger library than any console and you don’t have to worry about games you buy now not working on the “next-generation” system. Also, on a PC you do not have to pay yearly for online neither.

So XB1 & PS4 are trying to accomplish (I say trying because BF4 according to reports is still better looking on the PC) what the PC has been doing for years. So much for “true next gen machines”.

Oh but wait! Thankfully it’s not just about GRAPHICS, it’s about the GAMES. That’s why people will buy the PS4 and XB1… and the Wii U ;)

@4 – I don’t have a Wii U yet. But thanks!

#6 11 months ago
  7. polygem

@5 ok, man, only fair. i am personally really looking forward to donkey kong, mario world, mario kart, smash bros, bayonetta etc. but i can see where you are coming from. the upcoming wiiu games just might not be everybodys cup of tea and the lineup is very nintendo first party focused. there are games like watchdogs and asscreed, cod as well though.
    it will be interesting to see if the zelda bundle, pricedrop and those games mentioned above will help sales a bit. i think so…and yes, i hope so too because imho the wiiu is a very enjoyable system.

@6. ok :)

#7 11 months ago
  8. monkeygourmet

“hur hur, crappy HD remake all Nintendo has for Xmas?! LOL

I pity Nintendo fans this Xmas i’ll be playing on BF4, DR3, Forza 5, Killzone 4, insert generic sequel here…”

The real winners of the Xbone & PS4 launch are the Indies. That goes for both consoles and is a sad state of affairs indeed.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

Cherry picking the titles like they do? Come on man: outsmart and outmaneuver using better tactics working on their level will get you nowhere.

PS: did anyone even mention what you said? Jumping to assumptions.

Now turn that frown upside down and smileeeeee :)

#9 11 months ago
  10. monkeygourmet

What? The same comments in every.nintendo.thread.since.i.started.posting…?

lol, they are still a thorn in people’s sides like a turd that won’t flush…

#10 11 months ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

Okay?

#11 11 months ago
  12. polygem

preordered the ganondorf nerd version! yay!

#12 11 months ago
  13. pcbros

@12 – I wish Ganondorf came with the Wii U bundle :(

#13 11 months ago
  14. polygem

yeah that’s a shame. i believe they made that ganon bundle because they didn’t want to piss off early wiiu adopter zelda fans. this way they can have something nice too.

edit. the bundle will have the hyrule historia book as a download as well though. that’s a lot of zelda in the package.

#14 11 months ago