Fri, Aug 23, 2013 | 01:34 BST
Insurgency beta now available on Steam, 50% during sale
Tactical third-person shooter Insurgency has gone into beta; see if this new trailer tempt you to give it a whirl.
New World Interactive’s shooter is now available through Steam Early Access on Mac and PC, a Linux build is coming later. It’s currently 50% off at $10, and so is the four pack at $30.
Insurgency is based on the popular Half-:ife mod Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. It supports both mass battles of 32 players or six-versus-six squad co-op play. The Steam beta adds five new weapons, eight updated maps, a new customizable player class, a new weight system, a new squad-based system, and more. Here’s the full rundown:
- 20 Weapons – five of which are new: the M249, RPK, UMP45, M1A1 carbine, and the M4A1
- Eight Fully Updated Maps – including Siege, Uprising, Market, District, Heights, Ministry, Contact and Buhriz.
- Customizable player classes
- Weight-based equipment and gear system
- Team-reinforcing objectives
- Simplified HUD and UI
- Scripting system and SDK to support mods