Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut won’t be a $60 retail game on any platform

Thursday, 22nd August 2013 14:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut, won’t be a full-priced retail game, according to a Square Enix representative.

The price for what was thought at one time to be a Wii U exclusive, was listed by Amazon back in March for $49.99, which is $10 less than the average, so while this news is not too surprising, retailers are listing the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions for even less: $29.99.

Granted, Square did not confirm a price when it told Joystiq at gamescom the game “it won’t be $60.”

The game has yet to be given a concrete release date either, but the rep also told Joystiq the Director’s Cut will be released “soon.”

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut will be made available upon release for Mac, PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

1. DreamCleaver

How naïve of me! I always assumed it would be a free update, but now I see I was wrong. Oh, so very wrong.

#1 11 months ago
  2. melonbuster1

@1. Great game on the wiiu if you never played the 1dt one

#2 11 months ago
  3. Tavarish

So, paid DLC or re-purchase for us who already own DX: HR?

#3 11 months ago
  4. Metroid455

Why people think they should get this for free is beyond me, many areas of this game have been completely reworked, not to mention as far as im aware it also include all the released DLC aswell.

People’s sense of entitlement is seriously out of sync if they expect this all for nothing -_-

#4 11 months ago
  5. Tavarish

@4 I think it’s more about why owners of DX:HR + All DLC should re-buy game for 30€ to 40€ when they are basically releasing patch that fixes issues of the game that has been there since Day 1?

Also I think CD Projekt RED didn’t receive memo about when you basically redo yours whole game you are supposed to take ~40€ for it instead of releasing it as free patch for owners of core game ;)

#5 11 months ago
  6. DreamCleaver

@2 I played DX:HR on the PC as soon as it came out.

@4 I own all the DLCs and I bought it on Steam at full price when it came out–not through a sale. So yes, I think I’m entitled to it for free, or at the very least at a massive discount.
    I guess CD Projekt Red spoiled me.

EDIT: What Tavarish said.

#6 11 months ago
  7. dreamcastnews

I’ve still got a Wii U version pre-ordered for £24 with ShopTo so I should hope it isn’t anywhere near that price!

#7 11 months ago
  8. Blackened Halo

What the f..? I pre-ordered the original game back in summer 2011 and now if I want to play this “updated” game, I have to pay again? I dont care if it is 60 bucks or even 10 bucks ..Its just only update (f.e. boss fights that looking really good imho)and it should be free for anyone who has already bought the game! :( :(

#8 11 months ago
  9. Mineral4r7s

lol limewire

#9 11 months ago
  10. TheWulf

Considering how many things needed to be badly fixed in that game due to cheap production values (bosses et al), I’m actually surprised by this, too. It’s a shame really as I was looking forward to upholding DX:HR as a game I could praise.

But this is just the era we’re in — paying for patches.

Not sure if I’m actually going to bother with this one. I might if they include modding as an option with it, but only then because modders will save me from having to pay for future patches.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Mineral4r7s

@8 what you are talking about is called public relations and building trust with the customers. Doesnt bring money any more it seems.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Blackened Halo

@8 ..Tears are coming from my eyes when I imagine f.e. the CD Project policy :( nah, dammit Square Enix!

#12 11 months ago
  13. fearmonkey

I bought the 360 augmented edition when the game was released, and then later bought the PC version with the Missing Link on Steam. I was hoping the PC version would get a free download or a cheap DLC upgrade cost. I will wait awhile to get this if that price is true.

#13 11 months ago