Japanese Charts: Disney Magic Castle holds top

Wednesday, 14th August 2013 15:25 GMT By Dave Cook

This week’s Media Create charts are in and it seems Japan can’t get enough of Disney Magic Castle: My Happy life on 3DS. It’s fending off all-comers at the top of the chart for a second week running.

4Gamer posted the chart, and it was translated by Gematsu. Here it is in full.

(Note: game titles are followed by publisher, release date, this week’s sales and last week’s sales.)

1. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (Namco Bandai, 08/01/13) – 45,793 (164,947)
  2. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Nintendo, 07/18/13) – 28,598 (204,829)
  3. [3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn (Namco Bandai, 08/08/13) – 24,787 (New)
  4. [PS3] Dragon’s Crown (Atlus, 07/25/13) – 20,845 (138,919)
  5. [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (Nintendo, 04/18/13) – 20,036 (1,350,817)
  6. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Capcom, 07/25/13) – 18,897 (309,316)
  7. [PSV] Dragon’s Crown (Atlus, 07/25/13) – 11,153 (96,008)
  8. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 10,460 (125,578)
  9. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 9,933 (3,364,716)
  10. [Wii U] Pikmin 3 (Nintendo, 07/11/13) – 8,969 (154,704)
  11. [3DS] Nekketsu Kouhaku Niokun SP Rantokyu Kyousoukyoku (Arc System Works, 08/08/13) – 8,666 (New)
  12. [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo, 03/20/13) – 8,110 (858,243)
  13. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo, 06/13/13) – 7,956 (243,132)
  14. [3DS] Fantasy Life Link! (Level-5, 07/25/13) – 7,533 (36,254)
  15. [PS3] Resident Evil 6 Special Pakage (Capcom, 08/08/13) – 7,454 (New)
  16. [PS3] The Witch and the Hundred Knights (NIS, 07/25/13) – 7,350 (72,691)
  17. [3DS] Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Game de Kaburincho!! (Namco Bandai, 08/08/13) – 6,939 (New)
  18. [3DS] Hoppechan: Tsukutte! Asonde! Punipuni Town!! (Nihon Colombia, 07/25/13) – 6,426 (21,279)
  19. [3DS] Danball Senki W Super Custom (Level-5, 07/18/13) – 5,890 (51,215)
  20. [PS3] Earth Defense Force 2025 (D3 Publisher, 07/04/13) – 5,409 (235,701)

Hardware:

• 3DS LL – 38,822 (57,940)
  • 3DS – 18,949 (17,747)
  • PlayStation Vita – 17,639 (17,702)
  • PlayStation 3 – 12,228 (11,743)
  • Wii U – 9,950 (10,038)
  • PSP – 6,303 (6,314)
  • Wii – 1,373 (1,327)
  • Xbox 360 – 275 (288)

See any stand-out placements? Let us know below.

1. Clupula

Man, Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for the Wii U didn’t even make the top 20!

Well, since Sega said that that was a test to see if the franchise could go multiplatform, I guess it’s going to stay Sony exclusive.

#1 1 year ago
  2. johngeoffrey

Shouldn’t it be “game titles are followed by publisher, release date, this week’s sales and lifetime sales”? and not last week’s sales?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Hmmm my spidey senses forsees a certain someone coming here talking about the Wii U being fine once Game A. B. C. D. E. releases.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Irani

Realy Fu.ck Japan

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

@4 – Shame to Irani! Shame!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@3 – What you don’t understand is that it has momentum and is doing just fine. Every system that’s doing just fine goes down in numbers every week for consecutive weeks. It’s just, you know, trying to lure people into a false sense of security. Like a wounded jungle cat.

#6 1 year ago
  7. viralshag

It had the upwards momentum of a bowling ball thrown in the air. Small rise with a quick drop.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

A lot of goading here…

It’s almost like you WANT Francis to insult you…

Face it, you guys couldn’t live without him! :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. OlderGamer

MG +1

But it is important to remember who the real trolls are … right guys? …Guys…?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

No but predicting what he says over and over and over again proves only one thing. Like i told him if i had fiver for every time he said that i would be richer.

I don’t care what cheap shots Francis throws at me.

I live perfectly fine without Francis both in the virtual and real world.

#10 1 year ago
  11. OlderGamer

Nagh, I think MG is right. Seen this type of thing before. You guys just enjoy sparing with each other.

#11 1 year ago
  12. viralshag

Not really goading when it’s the truth though, is it? Sales went up with the release of Pikman 3 and now they’re dropping again.

I fail to see how calling that out is trolling. I don’t like to see criticism of the XB1 because I’m a “fan” (I’m planning on getting one) but I don’t get all defensive about it.

I’m happy to debate something if it’s worth it, like the idea of a PS4/WiiU combo being a comparably “good deal” to an X1 on its own. Which is really nonsense when you break it down.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

Enjoy? He does I don’t.

I just humour it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Irani

Japanese people are mentally retarded They are Not Mankind , in IRAN we are ARYAN people “Master race”

#14 1 year ago
  15. Professor Zoom

Why the hell would anyone rather buy games like Donkey Country and Animal Crossing rather than Killer is Dead???

#15 1 year ago
  16. OlderGamer

In all fairness Pikman is a smaller lesser known franchise. Not exactly Smash Bros, Zelda or Mario Kart. I am pretty sure sales will spike more significantly when those come out. But none of it matters if Nintendo don’t address the biggest problem with WiiU..the price. It should, imo, be less then 200usd for the 32GB model with NintendoLand. Unless they can get it to that price point…not much else will matter.

3rd parties are already gone. Nintendo can operate fine without them.

I know it is fun to trollololol the Nintendo threads, dropping bits of wisdom in your wakes…and if ya wanna call out or debate that then that’s fine. I think it is what it is. Nintendo isn’t the same thing as MS/Sony, they have a different approach. Almost all of us will say we know that, but when we see it first hand, most of us still judge Nintendo as if they were Sony or MS.

WiiU is going to be more Gamecube then Wii in terms of sales numbers. At least I think so. I have said that several times. But that doesn’t mean that the WiiU will be a major failure. It doesn’t mean that it will destroy Nintendo. In truth, I have no idea what will happen. Maybe Nintendo ditches the consoles altogether. Gameboys nearly print money for them. So maybe they focus on that next time around. Would make sense. But even if they did, that in and of itself wouldn’t spell Nintendos doom either.

I am going to leave the hornets nest alone now. You fellas don’t want to argue with me about it. I make sense ;) And honestly, I just don’t have the energy. Plus, I think all that can be said has been said.

Hit the link, I am obviously not the only voice of reason when it comes to Nintendo. Has nothing to do with fanboyism. I haven’t played a WiiU game in a couple of weeks myself. I don’t have Pikman or W101.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Professor Zoom

#16 The Gamecube was much better. It had third party support, it had a good controller with a good grip, it had many games and it were competing with PS2 and Xbox. Nintendo is just not the same company anymore. Once the PS4 and One is out, the U will just compete with the 360 and PS3. I hope the U will sell worser than the Gamecube and let’s hope they can fire Reggie and Miyamoto.

#17 1 year ago
  18. OlderGamer

I wasn’t talking about game quality or game experiences. Just sales type numbers and mostly market share. When I mentioned Gamecube, I mean.

Also worth noting that 15 or the top 20 games sold in JPN are on Nintendo Platforms. So long as Nintendo keeps doing that, hard to argue against them. They may not be what YOU want to play, but they don’t need YOU now do they?

Just say’n.

#18 1 year ago
  19. pandulce1

Who is buying those X360s? I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like working at MS’s Japanese branch.

#19 1 year ago
  20. The_Red

Japan really loves its handhelds. They are pretty much the ONLY place where the freaking VITA is outselling home consoles (PS3, 360 and Wii U).

#20 1 year ago
  21. DrDamn

@OG
    “Not exactly Smash Bros, Zelda or Mario Kart. I am pretty sure sales will spike more significantly when those come out.”

I agree which is why it’s so stupid that all of these are coming next year not this.

@Article
    PSV sales seem to be holding at about 17k quite well. Still a long way off 3DS levels but holding a bit better after some recent releases.

#21 1 year ago
  22. sebastien rivas

@ 19
    Agreed, when I saw the results for Xbox 360 sells, I was shocked, stomped, I could not even think, I was blanked.
    Almost to the point where I want proof of numbers credibility.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Clupula

@16 – actually, you seem to be forgetting in your old age that I’ve done plenty of sparing with you, as well. The only difference is that you’re wrong while he is just a troll.

But until this site start banning people for saying fucked up things (which, really, #14 is quoting the Nazis at this point and I bet we’ll still see his dumb ass show up again) or at least provide us with an ignore button, I think it’s perfectly within my rights to point out something ridiculous he says every week when these charts come out.

Plus, I’m saddened that none of you got what I was saying about the Wii U being like, oh say, a lynx or even a jaguar.

#23 1 year ago
  24. OlderGamer

Having a different opinion then you doesn’t make me wrong Clupula. Nor does it make you wrong. It just means we don’t agree.

I do agree with you about irani, one of the many alt accounts that needs to be outed(imo). You would be amazed and shocked if someone linked some of these alts with their “main” profile owners. But that isn’t my place.

As far as you being within your rights to point something out that you feel is worthy of pointing out…you, sir, are 100% correct. So by all means carry on ;)

Imo, WiiU is far more like a Dreamcast then it is an Atari system. I actualy really enjoyed the DC, I really like the WiiU too. The Jag really only had AVP. You could also link Doom via the KatBox and play MP in a day when consoles didn’t link. But there was very little mainstream appeal or about anything else to like about the system. You really can’t compare one of the worlds largest publishers(Nintendo) to Atari(whom had little to no in house development)(Excluding Jeff Minter ofc).

#24 1 year ago
  25. darthroseman

There’s a lot of money going to Nintendo up there…

#25 1 year ago
  26. Lengendaryboss

They are the king of handhelds, duh ;)

#26 1 year ago
  27. The_Red

@Clupula

That #14 is just trying to insult everyone he/she can. Japanese, Iranians and gamers even if it seems he is supporting “Iranian” “race”.

#27 1 year ago