Actor Dominic Monaghan is looking forward to the “new Uncharted” game

Friday, 9th August 2013 16:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified live-action video star Dominic Monaghan has said he is looking forward to the “new Uncharted” game from Naughty Dog. Whether he is assuming the developer has another Drake adventure in the works or he knows something the rest of us don’t wasn’t determined.

Speaking during a conference call regarding his work on the live-action series for 2K, the Lost and Lord of the Rings actor dropped the quote when he was asked about the game industry as a whole.

“I’ll always stay focused on the gaming world and see what’s coming up,” he said. “The new Uncharted, I’m really excited to see how that’s going to be, and obviously both new gaming systems.”

Naughty Dog has yet to announced a new Uncharted, let alone what it’s been up to since releasing The Last of Us.

Monaghan also said he has a game idea he’ll “hopefully” pitch to 2K, but failed to provide specifics.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified launches in two weeks.

Via Gamespot.

1. Luciferous

Has he just accidentally revealed a game he’s going to be providing a voice for..

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Dunno – could be. Could just be a fan assuming one is being made. You never know though!

#2 1 year ago
  3. MFBB

Naughty Dog split up in 2 teams and one of them made The Last Of Us.

There will of course be a new Uncharted for PS4 but they may also work on something new, which I would like more.

Cant sell millions of copies anyway on new consoles so try out your new IP and bring Uncharted back in 2-3 years when you can sell millions of it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KAP

So if I also say I’m looking forward to the next uncharted title, does that mean I’ve confirmed it too?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 – No and as you can see I never said he did, did I? I also never said he “teased” the next Uncharted game like the original source did either, did I?

#5 1 year ago
  6. KAP

No, you didn’t steph, no you didnt.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 Good! That means I was as clear as water in an abandoned well then! ;P

#7 1 year ago
  8. KAP

Sure did show me!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

Naughty Dog made three Uncharted games in a row with no other IP in between. I wonder if they think its time already for Uncharted 4, or maybe actually The last of US 2.

#9 1 year ago
  10. stretch215

I’d like to see them move away from uncharted. The third one felt a little “stale” to me, although I’m admittedly not the series’ biggest fan.

#10 1 year ago