Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut heading to PC

Thursday, 18th July 2013 11:11 GMT By Dave Cook

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut is getting a PC release care of publisher Rising Star Games.

The publisher announced the PC port along with the above trailer. There’s no release date but the game can be voted on via Steam Greenlight now.

Thanks Siliconera.

1. CycloneFox

Great news.

Even as a console-user, or you might even say PS fanboy at some times, I’m happy about every game that comes to the pc. especially japanese ones. That’s kinda rare, sadly.

#1 12 months ago
  2. SplatteredHouse

There’s a release date mentioned on the Greenlight page of Halloween 2013. I’m really looking forward to this. :D

#2 12 months ago
  3. SplatteredHouse

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut on PC includes new features over and above the original game, plus additional content not seen in the PS3 Director’s Cut release:
    A surprising new scenario from the game’s director, Hidetaka ‘Swery’ Suehiro
    Enhanced HD graphics with new textures
    Reworked control system allowing for an even better combat experience
    Downloadable content to expand the mystery beyond the original game
    New bonus DLC exclusive to the PC version!

(source: Steam Greenlight)

#3 12 months ago
  4. Clupula

@1 – To me, the PC has always been kinda irrelevant. I don’t play PC games and I don’t really care if things get ported, as long as things going to PC don’t take away from a console version. If everything got ported tomorrow or if nothing got ported to PC ever again, I would care the exact same amount.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Clupula

That said, with a game as much need of a patch as the PS3 version of the Director’s Cut, it is a bit annoying to see them moving forward with this instead of patching the game for their existing customers.

#5 12 months ago
  6. m.f. UWE

@4 Sorry but I quite don’t get the point of your comment…

#6 12 months ago
  7. Clupula

@6 – And I don’t get the point of your comment about not getting the point of my comment, so fuck off.

#7 12 months ago
  8. ChunkyLover112

Cool. Finally, I can play it.

The DLC will be included in this version along with other exclusive content. http://www.geimaku.com/deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut-coming-to-pc/14953/

#8 12 months ago
  9. Gregor

Oh look, is chupula, another dirty console baby.

backup is crying right now… poor little cancer.

#9 12 months ago
  10. m.f. UWE

@7 A bit touchy aren’t we? High discussion standard by the way.. You kind of proved my point :-)

#10 12 months ago
  11. YoungZer0

If it’s anything like the PS3 version: stay the fuck away.

#11 12 months ago
  12. Clupula

@9 – What the fuck does Backup have to do with anything? Am I going on some pointless rant about piracy? I simply said I don’t care about PC games, as a counterpoint to the opinion in the first post.

@10 – You proved that you’re a douchebag who should shut the fuck up and mind his own business. I’m not touchy, I just think you are pointless. Not just your comment, but your entire existence. It serves no purpose, other than to irritate me and type stupid shit. I don’t give a fuck what you see and what you don’t, so please die and never soil my life again with your idiocy.

#12 12 months ago
  13. YoungZer0

@12: Did you just go full retard?

#13 12 months ago
  14. DreamCleaver

@13 Puerile, more like it. And you’re almost at the same level.

#14 12 months ago