Steam Summer Getaway Sale day 2 is live – XCOM, Far Cry 3 flash sale

Friday, 12th July 2013 18:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Day 2 of the Steam Summer Getaway Sale is live, and more deals are ripe for the picking. There’s also a new round of Flash Sales to be had as well. Hit up the store – if it will load for you – for your updates and check out the screencaps once we get them loaded in.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Far Cry 3 are the latest Flash Sales along with Legend of Grimrock and Runner 2.

1. Stephany Nunneley

When I took the screengrab, XCOM was 75% off on the Flash Sale, It was changed, so give me a minute and I will take another shot of it. Matter of fact, all the percentages have changed even on the main sale. I wonder what’s up with that.

EDIT: And the percentages off are BACK to what they were originally. Whatever. Reinsterted, if they change again, well, you will see it on the store. I’m tired of messing with it.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Odahviing

You guys should get Just Cause 2, its only 2,99$. Its an awesome Sanbox Openworld game and makes lot of fun

#2 9 months ago
  3. Halokoman

Hey Guys, whats the current price of Dead Island Riptide at Steam in €? I can´t look it up, my Steam is bugging.
    Thanx

#3 9 months ago
  4. OrbitMonkey

Quick you fools! Buy these games you won’t play, while their cheap!

#4 9 months ago
  5. k1llabeast

@3 It’s 33% off right now, original price was €39,99, new price is €26,79.

#5 9 months ago
  6. GrimRita

@1 lol bless. Nothing there to take my fancy today.

#6 9 months ago
  7. NeoSquall

Everybody pick XCOM: Enemy Unknown!
    Humanity needs your abilities, Commanders!

#7 9 months ago
  8. SplatteredHouse

Meh, I just uninstalled that. No knock on that game, but I figured it might get me to give enough of a shit about The Bureau, in its current form, but I imagine it to be unlikely to.

#8 9 months ago
  9. NeoSquall

Wait until the first TERROR Mission.

#9 9 months ago
  10. DSB

It’s very boardgamey, which is great if you like that sort of thing, but it didn’t really ring my bell either.

Good game no doubt, but it just wasn’t what I was looking for in an X-Com reboot.

#10 9 months ago
  11. Halokoman

@5 Thanks :D

#11 9 months ago
  12. k1llabeast

@11 You’re welcome :)

#12 9 months ago
  13. xxJPRACERxx

@4 Man, you’re so right. I can’t remember the number of games I’ve purchased in Steam sales that I never played.

#13 9 months ago
  14. lexph3re

I got all the games I wanted from steam already. Spent 25 and got Witcher 2, Last Remenant, Legacy of Kain Collection and Left 4 dead 2. Now to get Alan Wake and I am SET!

#14 9 months ago
  15. TheLastDodo

This is my first Steam sale, if I had something better than a crappy laptop I would be going mental.

So far I bought:

- Amnesia
    - FTL
    - Closure
    - Psychonauts
    - McPixel

Total: £10.85

I’m now weighing up Antichamber and Surgeon Simulator and waiting for the next flash sales.

There’s lot of games I want like Lone Survivor, Binding of Isaac, Stealth Bastard for between 2-3 quid each but I want them on my Vita.

#15 9 months ago
  16. k1llabeast

I feel your pain Dodo! This computer sucks :(

#16 9 months ago
  17. TheLastDodo

I really wanna grab Don’t Starve but I checked a website and I think it sounds like the GPU in my laptop will hold it back, it’s integrated Intel i3 M380 so I’m limited with what I can play :(.

So far I got all the above working ok, plus Hotline Miami and demos for Half Life 2 and Torchlight 2.

#17 9 months ago
  18. Sadismek

@6 Same here. Not that I’ve got much left to spend, anyway :P.

#18 9 months ago
  19. backup

again PC gamers not supporting developers

#19 9 months ago
  20. Samoan Spider

@19 By buying products that they, under normal circumstances, wouldn’t have purchased? I would say that’s pretty supportive.

Anyway on topic, this bloody summer sale always falls around the time my missus gets paid, so I actually have to have a good reason for purchasing things. At least I can’t go fucking mad like I do at the xmas ones :)! Don’t think I’ll be getting much anyway this time as there’s soooo much I’ve still to finish.

@17 TL2 is pretty much the only thing I play on my crappy lappy these days. It looks great on the PC with bells and whistles turned on but it’s perfectly playable on anything. Well worth buying if you haven’t already.

#20 9 months ago