Thomas Was Alone found its way to more players through PS Plus over any other “platform”

Thursday, 11th July 2013 20:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Thomas Was Alone creator Mike Bithell has said the title sold really well and Vita and attributes the uptake in the game game’s users to PlayStation Plus.

Speaking with Joystiq, Bithell said the game has be played by more people through Plus than any other “platform”.

“And that’s exciting, because that’s a whole bunch of cool players who are really into their games – that’s why they have PS Plus – who know who the hell I am now,” he said.

“As someone who’s making the difficult second album, I need as many people onside, and knowing what Thomas Was Alone is, and maybe even knowing who I am, so it means something when the trailer comes out and it says ‘From the creator of Thomas Was Alone.’ And that’s what PS Plus was awesome for.

“It just massively inflated my audience beyond what a normal esoteric indie platformer would have, which is great.”

Bithell said he plans to unveil his next project in the coming months.

1. RandomTiger

PS+ does seem like a great way to get your game played. Also he had a good strategy of having a bit of reasonable priced DLC for people to play when they’ve done the ‘free’ bit.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lloytron

If anyone hasn’t played this game then they should remedy that ASAP, it’s a gem of a game.

#2 1 year ago
  3. FragileSurface

This is my favorite video game news site, but it really seems like no one proofreads these articles. Great game btw.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Its only Steph that has these problems, wasn’t your glasses coming soon Steph?

#4 1 year ago
  5. JRNO

I don’t think I ever would’ve given this game a chance myself, were it not for PS+. And I’m glad I did end up checking it out – it’s a really charming puzzle platformer, and it’s quite pretty for how simple it is, too. I still need to finish that game though.

Also, the developer commentary stuff included in that game should be a more common feature. I think it’s really cool and interesting to have the designers walk you through what you’re seeing and how it all came about.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps3fanboy

of course its gonna be played by a lot when you have it as a free rental on the ps+. it is a given, dumbass… just saying.

#6 1 year ago