Giant Bomb podcast pays tribute to Ryan Davis

Wednesday, 10th July 2013 09:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Giant Bomb’s latest ‘Bombcast’ has paid tribute to founder Ryan Davis, who passed away July 3.

The podcast features Giant Bomb’s editorial team reminiscing about their time working with Davis, and pays tribute to their colleague and friend.

You can listen to the recording here.

We reported on Davis’s passing here, and since then we’ve seen many of the site’s fans passing on their condolences. VG247 would like to offer its sincere condolences as well.

Thanks Giant Bomb.

1. No_PUDding

Listening now :(

#1 1 year ago
  2. JimFear-666

are they saying why he’s dead?

#2 1 year ago
  3. MFBB

No I was searching for the reason of his death aswell but nobody knows.

I am really wondering what happend, he just got married last week? and was doing fine.

The gianbomb guys dont want to mention it either.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Kyle Jackson

@2 Looking at his pic, I can take a few guesses.

#4 1 year ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

@4 Ouch!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

@4 jesus man, uncalled for :/

#6 1 year ago
  7. MFBB

“Ryan passed away peacefully at his home of natural causes.”

Ryan said he had trouble sleeping and was using a cpap machine (those sleep masks).

So it probably was some breathing issue.

#7 1 year ago
  8. The_Red

I can’t do it. As a GB regular and fan of Jeff, Ryan and Alex before that, I just can’t. Tried watching some of the old Ryan vids on the site like DragonBall Evolution (One of my fave QLs) and it just made me sadder.

WHY THE FUCK DID HE HAVE TO LEAVE US!? Seriously, listening to any Bombcast and watching any live show or quick look on GB will never be the same.

RIP Ryan.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Telepathic.Geometry

@The_Red: I know exactly how ya feel man. I took a deep sigh before I clicked on it, but it’s actually not as hard as you think, and actually, it helps.

Ever since I heard the news, I was weirdly affected by it, and work was really weird, but having listened to the podcast, to some extent, I feel like I have a little closure on it…

I recommend listening The_Red, it’s 2 hours, and you’ll feel better afterwards.

#9 1 year ago
  10. The_Red

Thanks for this. Will try to check it.
    Can’t imagine how his friends and family must feel. I mean, the man affected so many of gamers who have never met him.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah. I mean, I’m personally surprised I give a shit at all in a way. When Michael Jackson died, I didn’t blink, but when I read that Ryan Davis had died on EG, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I clicked hoping to read “Ryan Davis is dead to me” or “he died on stage” or something like that, but as it dawned on me… ;_;

#11 1 year ago
  12. The_Red

True. It just shows us how much we were all affected by his smile, his happy and loving nature and his great work as a gaming journalist. The great ones always leave us so suddenly :(

#12 1 year ago