Nintendo “in a world of trouble right now”, says Pachter

Friday, 5th July 2013 10:28 GMT By Dave Cook

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has said that Nintendo waited too long to enter the high definition world with Wii U, and that as a result it now finds itself in a world of trouble.

Speaking on ABC News 10, Pachter said, “Nintendo’s in trouble right now. Nintendo, I think, waited two years too long to launch a competitive, high definition console…I think by the time they did launch a console which stacks up really well, the other two guys [Sony and Microsoft] passed them by, and I think they’re in a world of trouble right now.”

We’ve since seen two big publishers run from Wii U, namely Ubisoft and EA. Both companies have stated publicly that they want to see Nintendo sell more consoles before they can pledge full support once more.

On the issue of publishers, Pachter continued, “The publishers are pretty excited to support the Xbox One and the PS4 – they really didn’t say anything about the Wii U. And we know EA has no games in development for Wii U.

“If Activision pulls support; if you see Ubisoft, you see Take-Two pull support, the Wii U is a Nintendo-only gaming device which is they way they were back with the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985. They’re not going to sell a lot of consoles if they don’t have games like FIFA and Battlefield and Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.”

On Nintendo’s struggle to return to prosperity, Pachter added, “I think they are at the bottom of a huge mountain with a huge uphill climb, I don’t think they’re going to get that mojo back, I think these two guys [Sony and Microsoft] are passing them by. There’s PS4 priced fifty bucks more than a Wii U. I mean, why would anyone buy a Wii U, unless they just have to play Nintendo games?

“I think the way it shakes out is, anyone who buys a Wii U who really is a hardcore gamer is going to buy a PS4 or an Xbox One in addition so they can play those third party titles that they love, so I think Nintendo becomes a distant third in this console race.”

What do you make of Nintendo’s standing with Wii U? Is it in a precarious position? Let us know below.

Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. Froseidon

“They don’t have games like FIFA and Battlefield and Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.”

Last I checked, most people don’t buy a Nintendo console for those games.

#1 10 months ago
  2. naffgeek

@1 Totally agree.

I have a WiiU for first party games. Pikmin cant come soon enough!!

#2 10 months ago
  3. super3001

yes buy wiiu for exclusive. always been like that

no problem for N they just need more exclusive and will happen soon

#3 10 months ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Ubisoft haven’t fled anywhere, they have just backed anyway from exclusivity: There is still Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell And Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag. Take Two? what support did they show? Activision? Theres still the Angry Birds Trilogy and Skylanders Giants. EA? Just not as many as PS4 and Xbox One, but they haven’t announced anything so….

But i get what he is saying Nintendo consoles are for Nintendo only and i can think of a couple reasons why.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Froseidon

@2 – 50% of the time, I feel Patcher talks out his arse anyways. But yeah, I really want Pikmin, I have to wait until September though :(

#5 10 months ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

You don’t see a problem with that statement?

#6 10 months ago
  7. Bringit

Erm… Ubisoft have fled from Wii U… right… that’s just a lie.

Nintendo’s big third party supporters have always been Ubisoft, Capcom and Sega. And Square Enix (if you ignore that brief period towards the end of the ’90s).

If they lose one of those. Time to worry.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Froseidon

@6 – Point is, people buy Nintendo consoles for different reasons, not because it plays the next Call of Duty. Nintendo consoles are something different. Something that I personally feel shouldn’t be compared at all to Xbox and Playstation brands.

The reason Xbox and Playstation brands are compared is due to how similar they are, but Nintendo aren’t similar to them at all. Nintendo consoles are built with different gamers in mind.

I feel as though Nintendo consoles are built with a different idea in mind, and that’s innovation, unlike Xbox / Playstation which are just built as powerhouses.

#8 10 months ago
  9. CyberMarco

And my question is, why do we need a (dedicated) console for Nintendo games? Contrasting the PS3 and X360 we compared the exclusives, as both were getting multiplatform releases. But when it comes to Nintendo, it doesn’t “need” multiplatform games.

I’m not saying that the Wii U wont be getting great Nintendo games, but I can’t justify spending 300€ for a Mario/Zelda/Metroid only machine. Probably I’ll get a Wii U when it’ll hit >200€ or something.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Froseidon

@9 – I’m pretty sure that they addressed this themselves, and that the hardware is built with their own-brand games in mind. I can’t remember it all exactly, but the article was posted on VG some while back.

And to be fair yes, they were priced a little highly. I managed to pick one up rather cheap. So I can see where you’re coming from with that point.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

Again its a serious question you don’t see a problem with Nintendo consoles being only for Nintendo games? Actually don’t you see a problem with “Point is, people buy Nintendo consoles for different reasons, not because it plays the next Call of Duty.”

Then why should third parties bother if that is the sentiment towards Nintendo consoles?

#11 10 months ago
  12. Froseidon

@11 – What I meant was, people buy the console for other reasons. It doesn’t mean that the next Call of Duty wont sell on it. All because a console is bought for one reason doesn’t mean it wouldn’t get used for another.

Xbox One is built around TV, it doesn’t mean people wont play games on it (that’s probably a poor comparison, but its the best I can come up with on the spot).

Also, third parties can make their own exclusives for the Nintendo consoles that aren’t released elsewhere (I.e – ZombiU was made by Ubisoft).

Furthermore, I meant that comment more in favour of the games rather than the console. I feel that if a game loses its exclusivity, then it loses some of its image and what makes it unique. For example, Halo was built on the Xbox brand. If that were to suddenly appear on the Playstation, some of what makes the Halo series Halo would be lost. What I mean by this is that games like Zelda and Mario have their image instantly linked with Nintendo, if it were to suddenly move to the other consoles, the games would lose something that was unique about it. Look what happened when Sega left the console industry and became a purely software developer, the Sonic games are now considered mediocre at best. I personally wouldn’t want that for Zelda or Mario games.

Don’t get me wrong, I can see the problem, but it is also a double-edged sword, there are benefits to it as well. I tried to answer @9 slightly more here as well. I don’t feel my original answer did his question justice.

P.s – This is an opinion, not saying it could be true. But its just what it feels like to me.

#12 10 months ago
  13. manamana

The thing is, I turn my Wii/3DS on *because* I’m tired of Battlefield, GTA and the likes …

#13 10 months ago
  14. Showmeyomoves!

So if everyone bought either an Xbox One or a PS4, and a Wii U as a second console… Wouldn’t the Wii U sell the most consoles in the end?

The potential market for Wii U is just as big as for the other consoles. The only problem Nintendo has now is a lack of games. Once they sort that out – maybe throw in a price drop as well – they could very well perform another U-turn (hurr hurr) like they did with the 3DS.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Froseidon

@14 – 1) Nice name :L 2) Yeah, as far as I am aware, besides for the Wii, some recent Nintendo consoles have done that well. I don’t think the GC sold very well either (if I remember correctly. The 3DS certainly didn’t at the beginning. I think its just a matter of time.

#15 10 months ago
  16. actuallyisnotafox

after that 18 restriction in europe to were we can only play 18 year old games at a set time at night, and the whole region blocking bs, i do believe nintedo are making theyre rolling snowball bigger.

#16 10 months ago
  17. oshawhat

@13 – I can agree with that. The main reason I’m sticking to Nintendo consoles this time around is because I’m getting tired of games about blokes with guns shooting other blokes with guns. Actually, scratch that – I am tired of games about blokes with guns. They seem to be the meat of what was revealed for both the PS4 and Xbox One at E3; and will no doubt be the meat of what both companies push as “next generation experiences”.

@16 – The restriction was on purchasing 18-rated games; you could play them whenever you damn well pleased. This hasn’t been the case for at least two months, though, they’ve moved the eShop towards a setup where 18-rated content can be viewed at any time, which is a welcome step forward. I can agree that region locking in a climate where everybody else is not region locking is a dumb decision, though; and I genuinely hope Iwata reconsiders his company’s position on the whole thing.

#17 10 months ago
  18. Digital Bamboo

Nintendo systems are appealing because they’re different. I sort of think of them as the Studio Ghibli to the PS&Xbox’s Hollywood blockbuster studios.

The U is not nearly as powerful as the incoming systems, but has an interesting controller which developers could leverage to make unique experiences. What would be the point of having the same type of games across 3 systems? It’s the exclusives that set them apart.

Nintendo may be puttering off the start line with the U, but down the line they’ll have a solid collection of games that will be very hard to pass up.

#18 10 months ago
  19. ps3fanboy

you don’t buy the wii-utanic for teh FIFA, Battlefield,COD or GTA. that is a given, nintendo is for nintendo games mainly and all other games is just lucky extras. nintendo work like an old toy factory and not a game company. when people understand that, they also will understand more what nintendo is all about. and why they do their own thing the way they do. if you think nintendo is in the console race your so wrong like mister patcher here.

#19 10 months ago
  20. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    True Story: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37010001.jpg :D

#20 10 months ago
  21. CyberMarco

The hypocrisy is strong in this one!

#21 10 months ago
  22. Myth

Pachter almost always knows what he’s talking about, he’s spot on with his analysis that the only thing that pushes Wii U units is Nintendo games.

None of you really disagree with that in here. You just REALLY like the Nintendo games.

What Pachter knows (and only says indirectly) is that the number of people who’ll buy a Wii U just for the few Nintendo games is nowhere near as big as the number of people who want one of the major gaming consoles that plays “all the games except Nintendo Games”. And those of us who are hardcore enough to just HAVE to play Pikmin (I’m one of us) will almost certainly also get one of the other consoles.

That simply means Nintendo ends up a distant third in terms of sales. There’s really no way it doesn’t work out that way – Nintendo placed itself pretty poorly in this competition in that regards.

#22 10 months ago
  23. Gheritt White

@7: You forgot WB Games as well, with LEGO City Stories and Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Fin

People who don’t care about Nintendo games don’t care about Wii U.

It cannot survive on first-party alone.
    It’s going to fail.

#24 10 months ago
  25. F0nsie

Pachter is right here, of course some people will buy a WiiU to play Nintendo games. But that arent that many people, Gamecube sold 21 million units. And some of the best Nintendo games are only on that platform. I still have to see if WiiU can get to Gamecube sales. And the timing is all wrong, and if they dont cut the price when PS4 and Xbox launches than its doomed.

#25 10 months ago
  26. silkvg247

So chavs don’t buy nintendo but families do?

Oh no Nintendo is doomed.

#26 10 months ago
  27. OlderGamer

On the surface of it, I agree with the headline on the article.

If Sony and moreover MS where in the same situation as Nintendo is in, I would say that said company would be headed for doom(games division). But this Nintendo. Distant third place, console wise, still allows them to sell millions of copies of their own games. And that is the bizz that they are in.

They aren’t trying to out MS/Sony the other two. Sounds like a cop out to some I am sure. But those folks don’t get it. Nintendo isn’t trying to sell you TV, Movies, or Music. They are just providing a platform to move their games. And while 3rd parties are welcome and wanted, they are not needed in the same way or as important to Nintendo as they are for the other guys.

The biggest games up and coming for PS4/X1 … Destiny, Titanfall…what? The overwhelming majority of them are NOT 1st party IPs. Yes, even for Sony, whose owns IPs fall short of sales expectations. The big guns are all 1st party for Nintendo. In the end of it all, we will likely be looking at a situation where Nintendos own games are neck and neck with this/next gens tops selling games. Mario Kart Wii, for example, outsold Forza, GT, NFS, Dirt…you name it. It was the top selling racer of last gen. Smash Bros outsold, BlazeBlue, Tekken, Street Fighter, MVC3, etc. You get the idea.

I am not saying Nintendo software will dominate the charts next gen like it did this gen. However, I am guessing that Nintendos own software will sell enough copies to put it near the top selling IPs in their generes. It is what it is. And it is about selling software, something Nintendo has always done well, even on GC and N64.

WiiU doesn’t need to be your top choice to play CoD or BF on.

That being said, I think Nintendo faces a very uphill climb. WiiU is not selling the way they would like it to. It is too expensive. And Nintendo itself needs more games, faster. Maybe Nintendo is spread too thin with 3DS and WiiU focus. A price drop and some key titles should help WiiU sales over the next 18months.

#27 10 months ago
  28. DeVitowned

“…Nintendo-only gaming device which is they (?) way they were back with the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985.”

How long has this dumbass been in the industry? I’ve been playing games since the Atari and I know it was more than a “Nintendo-only” console. Acclaim, JLC, Namco, Data East, Squaresoft, Enix just to name a few of the companies who put out games for the console.

Nintendo is not in trouble, even if the big publishers slow down support. Independents, SEGA and the massive first party will still push the console. There’s always doomsayers of a console during its first year. There’s always people that eat crow. And maybe some of these so-called gamers will shut the fuck up long enough to pick up a GamePad and realize it’s a great console.

#28 10 months ago
  29. Animeboy413

I agree with Pachter, 3rd party games don’t sell on Nintendo consoles so within time you will see more and more developers. Not investing in Wii U. The Console it self has been deemed a failure..

#29 10 months ago
  30. Animeboy413

Nintendo is lucky Xbox One costs $500

#30 10 months ago
  31. Animeboy413

Nintendo will lose to Sony and PS4

#31 10 months ago
  32. Lengendaryboss

@29 Only for third party partners, interesting.

#32 10 months ago
  33. Animeboy413

DeVitowned, Open your eyes Nintendo is in trouble, if Sega games don’t sell on Wii U, They too will pull Support…

#33 10 months ago
  34. hitnrun

They fell between stools, as people were predicting they would back in ’08 or ’09 when the rumors of an update to the Wii started to surface.

They waited too long to go to HD, but they didn’t make their new console powerful enough to compete with the PS4/720. Their console was irrelevant at both ends as soon as it hit the shelves. Not sure what else they thought was going to happen.

On the plus side, their conservative play means that they won’t lose as much money as they would have if they invested all that Wii/DS money heavily into R&D and made a real next-gen console that competed with the PS4/Xbone and beat them both to market to boot…and then for some reason that console flopped. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but not much lost either. Still, this was a major missed opportunity.

#34 10 months ago
  35. Arcnail

Remember what happened to the Dreamcast, which at the time was the superior console, power wise?

It died.

You need to have 3rd part support for your console. History shows that.

#35 10 months ago
  36. Rikki

I kinda agree, Nintendo should drop out of the console hardware market. Focus on Software and Handheld.

#36 10 months ago
  37. Sini

he is right, most people who buy nintendo console for nintendo games bought it at launch, and ps4 $399 value kills wii u.

#37 10 months ago
  38. benmessie1981

I hav to agree with #8, the wii is a completely different market, it is aimed at relaxed not hardcore gamers, Nintendo aim to make fun their no 1 priority in a game, which tbh fun should always come 1st! Hell I still remember hours and hours of fun on super off road on the snes! However I have turned! I’m a Sony fanboy and I’m laughing all the way to the bank :)

#38 10 months ago
  39. mistermogul

“Nintendo, I think, waited two years too long to launch a competitive, high definition console…”

Pachter +100

#39 10 months ago
  40. deathm00n

I still wait for the day when Nintendo becomes a software only company and release their games for every other console. Not everyone have the money to get a Xbox/Playstation and a Nintendo for exclusives. Every generation I need to chose only one of them and I sadly missed Nintendo since the SNES…

#40 10 months ago
  41. Cobra951

He’s right, but that’s not meant as praise. What he’s saying is too obvious to need a professional analyst’s talents.

#41 10 months ago
  42. ManuOtaku

I dont agree with him, if i can recall when the 3DS was on trouble one of the most common reasons given by analyst was that the 3D was gimmick, and that buyers wont see value on that, then it came a price cut and a bunch of good games and the situation did turn, now they are saying that they came late with and HDTV console, when the HDTV sets adoption rate permeate the highest level of home consumers, back till 2006 to 2011, the levels were increasing to reach the levels we have today, so i think for a technology attach rate since 2011 it seemed the right time to come with an Hdtv console.And also if games and a cut price will be introduce for the WiiU chances are it will fare better, so the things like it is underpowered and that it was too late for an HDTV console are not the primary factors for the performance of the WiiU.

More importantly, all the previous generations indicated that power alone is not the main reason for the success or not of a console, it is a sum of its parts or offerings in this case, like price, games, services, physical device, etc, therefore this is the same for WiiU.

Now with the thing i do agree is that third party titles dont sell on a nintendo console, but this is because people buy nintendo for nintendo games or their firts and second party titles, because avid nintendo fans support the nintendo offerings, and avid core gamers will also support them, but not for the third party tittles, because they have other consoles for that, and becuase third party titles are better on the other consoles, so they pick it up those titles on the other consoles, if they are differences for instance in call of duty over all main consoles, avid gamers will go with the best available iteration in this case 360, and due power and sometimes unwilliness of the developer, nintendo console are not the best for that, unless it is an exclusive that support all the unique features of a nintendo console like zombie U for example. This is a thing nintendo has been strugling with for quite some time, and it is a really difficult thing to address due there different direction and strategy. they need their first party titles and second party ones, to drive the third party support, but this is also in part something the same on other consoles, exclusives are really important in this industry, especially when consoles offer the same things.

#42 10 months ago
  43. Shiranui

Pachters problem is he thinks gamers are only allowed one console…

#43 10 months ago
  44. Lengendaryboss

Sometimes its the only choice or one of many choices.

#44 10 months ago
  45. ChunkyLover112

I don’t get people. I can understand why they would rather buy a Xbox One — but a PlayStation 4 instead of this?? I don’t get that.

#45 10 months ago
  46. fearmonkey

@45 – because the PS4 is way more powerful than an Xbone? Because MS tried to screw their fanbase? because people like the PS4 exclusives more? because PS Plus gives you more for your money than XBL? I could go all day…

#46 10 months ago
  47. pcbros

Nintendo would be in more trouble trying to compete directly with MS and Sony. They simply do not have the financial resources to do the kind of R&D the competition does.

Nintendo has the right plan (competing indirectly) but the wrong execution. First, they should have a $200 – $250 Wii U with a pro-controller (no screen pad) and a game (maybe a download code). They can have a screen pad bundle for $300 if needed. Second, the basic version out now for $300 has to be canned.

If they can work out the pricing, they will do well because of their games. Who wouldn’t buy a $200 – $250 Wii U? But at $350 ($50 short of a PS4) it doesn’t make sense for a console pushing current gen visuals.

@46 – The PS3 was “more powerful” than the 360 and that didn’t work out so well for them. The PSP was more powerful than DS, that didn’t work out for them. The Vita is more powerful than the 3DS, that’s not working so great neither. So does power REALLY matter? Aren’t we talking about slightly faster RAM? Let’s be realistic.

“People like PS4 exclusives more?” lol Wow… Last I checked the system hasn’t even launched yet. And if you want to compare the Halo series sales figures to any PS3 exclusive, go ahead. Also, wasn’t Titanfall pretty much the favorite at E3? It’s an XB1 exclusive.

PS Plus gives you games that will disappear if you don’t renew your account. Xbox Live has better features. You can party up, chat, private chat, etc. with ease. When I owned a PS3 it was cumbersome to invite players and I can’t recall being able to party up. The PS3 network itself was inferior Microsoft’s. Take for example Black Ops, it lags way more on the PS3. For the new generation, again, Microsoft owns in the network department. The sheer amount of servers is crazy. Virtually all games will be on dedicated servers and not rely on peer to peer.

I owned both systems (360 and PS3) and you have to give credit where credit is due. For me the PS3 had more single player exclusives I liked (like infamous and uncharted). But network wise, Microsoft leads the pack, with Sony playing catch-up and Nintendo in last place trying to figure out why they can’t get their Mario games to work online. How can they not have online support for their overpriced Virtual Console games??? :P

#47 10 months ago
  48. stealth

Hes 100 percent wrong

#48 10 months ago
  49. gomersoul

I don’t think Nintendo are in trouble, but fuck me I wish they’d go software only. I’m not gonna buy a console for a handful of games, just not financially justified. Nintendo would absolutely smash it if Mario games were released on xbone/ps4. they’d make shit loads more money then they are now. Nintendo games are fantastic, their hardware sucks dicks… big time

#49 10 months ago
  50. pcbros

@49 – But I can’t help but think of Sega. Their games appear to have gone downhill after going software only. I think Nintendo sets such high standards for their games because they know it’s what will sell their systems. But if they went software only, maybe they wouldn’t put that same pressure on themselves.

#50 10 months ago
  51. Professor Zoom

Wii U is just a kids toy, it’s the worst console on the market right now. I hope it will fail.

#51 10 months ago
  52. ChunkyLover112

#51: Haven’t you read any news for the last couple of months? The Wii U is one of the best consoles out there rigt now, dick! Once the Xbox One comes out it will be the second best console. Stop commenting out of your ass and do some research, child!

#52 10 months ago
  53. Professor Zoom

The Wii u will have very little to play in the future, since 99% of the major third parties have abondoned Nintendo’s consoles and there’s only gonna be outdated franchises on it, that’s why Nintendo had no conference this year, to dodge the criticism. Wii U is a last generation system, it sold worser than the 360 in the previeous holidays. Wii U is less powerful than a 360, has no third party support, poor online service and poor games. Nintendo stills operates like it’s 1990, the only new game that is coming out to Wii U is Wonderful 101, it looks like a PS2 game. Even the 3DS will have very little to play, the only games that are coming out this summer is Mario and luigi and nothing else the upcoming months. The 360 and the mobile market will have more and much better games to play. Sorry, but Wii U is dead on arrival.

#53 10 months ago
  54. monkees19

More nonsensery from Pachter the Clown…why does anyone even talk to him anymore? He’s almost always 100% wrong, and not even close.

#54 9 months ago
  55. OmegaSlayer

Since the Bayonetta incident I hate Nintendo.
    It’s new stuff that Kamiya got pissed for lack of promotion for W101.
    Bayo2 won’t sell more than 800k copies in 2 years.

Xenoblade Chronicles, the best non-Nintendo game for Wii sold 840k in 2 years on a machine with an install base of 100 millions pieces.

#55 9 months ago
  56. mistermogul

@47 – “[Nintendo] simply do not have the financial resources to do the kind of R&D the competition does”

This is incorrect. Nintendo are a more cash-rich company than Sony and until very recently had a higher market cap than Sony also.

MS dwarf both but have been slowly losing value with Ballmer at the helm and that trend looks set to continue. There is only a certain number of times you can release flop product after flop product (360 excluded) until something goes pop.

Out of Nintendo’s total market cap, a huge portion of that is cash and not simply the markets valuation so yes, they can afford R&D to the extent of their competition.

#56 9 months ago
  57. mistermogul

@53 – “the 3DS will have very little to play”

You forgot Pokemon X/Y, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Shin Megami Tensei, Smash Bros, Batman Arkham Origins and Yoshi’s Island to name a few…

In fact you could even argue the 3DS lineup this year is better than any other console tbh…

#57 9 months ago
  58. Metroid455

@57 Hell yeah I cannot wait for Pokemon X and Y, don’t get me wrong iv’e enjoyed all the generation but not since Gold/Silver have I been this excited (^-^)

#58 9 months ago
  59. pcbros

@51 “Wii U is just a kids toy, it’s the worst console on the market right now. I hope it will fail”

This is a kid’s comment, it’s the worst comment on this board right now. It failed.

@56 – But doesn’t MS and Sony both have cash flow from other revenues that help contribute to their R&D and investment purchases?

It’s hard to believe Nintendo has the cash to invest in a online network like Sony’s and MS’s, but just decides not to.

#59 9 months ago
  60. pcbros

This all reminds me when Sony announced the original Playstation with it’s CD format and Nintendo stuck to old-school cartridges with the Nintendo 64. They lost quite a few 3rd-party publishers who believed CDs were the future. I think that was a defining moment in Nintendo’s history. IMO, the Super Nintendo was the last console they produced that was truly stellar (hardware wise).

So since N64 days, Nintendo has been in troubled waters (hardware wise) but their games have always saved the day. Is now really any different?

#60 9 months ago
  61. Professor Zoom

#57 Pokemon and yoshi’s island are oudatedd franchises, Smash Bros. won’t be out before 2014 and Batman will be out for Wii u, not 3DS. but it’s not any game that is expected to be better than the 360 or PS3 version.

#61 9 months ago
  62. Lengendaryboss

@61 “Batman will be out for Wii u, not 3DS.” Really?

#62 9 months ago
  63. Clupula

@62 – I believe the 3DS and Vita game is actually a different title than the console Arkham game.

#63 9 months ago
  64. Clupula

@55 – Honestly, I can’t imagine Bayonetta 2 will do more than 500,000 AT MOST.

#64 9 months ago
  65. Lengendaryboss

@Clupula
    I know its a different title and game but….
    Its not really clear in the TV ad, but you sense people are just going to refer to all versions as Batman Arkham Origins seeing as publisher is also doing that.

Also the sad truth about Bayonetta 2, but hey its better it exists rather than cancelled but if/when it bombs on Wii U i just don’t know where the future for that series will head. Maybe port to Xbox/PlayStation platforms.

#65 9 months ago
  66. ipaxton

I would prefer NOT to see EA on any consoles.

#66 9 months ago
  67. alex0927

This article is not great analyzing at all. Of course everyone who really enjoys the titles mentioned in the article such as Call of Duty, are going to buy a PS4 or X1 before they buy a Wii U. However, people often tend to forget that both the Wii and Wii U were high in demand and sold out at launch. Just because they aren’t trying to be PC consoles doesn’t mean they won’t prevail. Nintendo offers some of the best first party games of which filled my childhood and CONTINUE to sell great due to continued support and interest. You don’t think Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 won’t sell consoles? Check the previous records my man.

#67 9 months ago