Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster will support cross-save

Thursday, 4th July 2013 23:57 GMT By Brenna Hillier

You’ll be able to carry your progress back and forth between the PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 HD.

The news was announced at at Japan Expo 2013 by Square Enix’s Yoshinori Kitase, as reported by RPGSite.

Kitase also confirmed that the two games will ship on one disc on PlayStation 3, but will be individual purchases on Vita.

The HD remasters of Final Fantasy 10 & 10-2 are due later this year, and will reportedly include a new 30 minute sequence.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. FragileSurface

This seems to only be convenient for someone willing to shell out $80+ for both versions of the games.

#1 1 year ago
  2. POOP CRUSTY

They should make it that if you buy the digital version of the game, you get both versions.

#2 1 year ago
  3. The Pluth

Still can’t decide which version to get, maybe I’ll just get both because of the cross save now.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

Really, I can’t wait to see these on a big screen in HD.

#4 1 year ago
  5. CycloneFox

I will definately buy both the PS3 and the Vita versions of FFX, which is a game I already finished more than twice before. But I won’t buy FFX-2 on the Vita. It is nice to have it in one package with the PS3-version but I didn’t like that game at all.
    Even if I look at it with the aspect of a game that is finally breaking free from the damsel in distress – cliché of videogames, it is still a bad game.

@1: If they don’t announce cross buy later, I think it will be 39€/$ for the HD remaster and 19€/$ for the two Vita games each. So I for example will be fine with 58€.

#5 1 year ago