Titanfall sweeps the E3 2013 Game Critic Awards

Tuesday, 2nd July 2013 17:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The winners of the 2013 E3 Game Critic Awards have been announced, and Titanfall won in all six categories it was nominated in. Check out the entire list of winners below.

Here’s the full list of winners as chosen by the 30 media outlets that vote:

Best Sports Game – NHL 14

Best Strategy Game – Total War: Rome II

Best Social/Casual Game – Fantasia: Music Evolved

Best Online Multiplayer – Titanfall

Best Downloadable Game -Transistor

1. Useful Pseudonym

I’m still hoping for a PS4 reveal, did I miss something has it been announced?

2. Dark

Another brink in coming..

3. deathm00n

I don’t see why, what does titanfall have to make it so special? The trailer I saw showed nothing more than another shooter with a little twist of wall running/jump and mechs (wich isn’t something new in fps mind you)

@2 Agreed.

Even Watch_Dogs that is looking like a modern setting Assassin’s Creed made more excited because of really new things.

4. GK

titanfall win so much,but looks like simple shooter,we had seen that thousands times.nothing special.its made for stupid xbox players!
    what thinking critics i dont understand :D

5. G1GAHURTZ

Titanfall looks so hype!

EA must be pretty pleased with themselves, right now…

6. MCTJim

I also think the game rocks..but a certain company…..Activision, may not be too happy..that’s what you get for firing the people that made you the most money..eat it Activision LOL. Kudos for the BEST game of the show..I couldn’t agree more…gonna really enjoy this title on my X1 :D

7. fearmonkey

Titanfall must have impressed gameplay wise, but so far I havent seen anything that really wowed me. However, I love the idea that Respawn has a hit, as Activision treated infinity ward badly, and id love to see COD be dethroned.

Titanfall might the closest I get to a new Shogo, so I’ll give it a try.

As far as PS4 goes, I bet its a timed exclusivity deal, not a forever exclusive. I can’t imagine Respawn throwing away money if its a hit on Xbone and PC.

Watch Dogs so far is the must play launch title for me, but I am hoping Knack gets good reviews, and so does the new Killzone. I never played a Killzone game, but the new title looks very pretty.

8. BD

Titanfall is multiplayer only by the way.

9. machy

OVERRATED

10. Useful Pseudonym

Does anyone else remember when Rage was in this position.

11. CyberMarco

Like seriously, from all the next-gen offerings, TITANFALL is the best?

What can I say, people go ape-shit for Justin Bieber too, so nothing special here I guess…

12. DuckNation

@9 +1 Yes it is

13. No_PUDding

You know… The overriding sentiment I’ve seen is ‘meh’.

14. Gekidami

I really couldnt imagine what else they could have picked. Overall E3 was pretty light on new games, especially ones that were actually there, more than just a single trailer.

15. No_PUDding

I’d have gone with The Division and inFamous all the way. Unfortunately neither were playable.

16. Clupula

It honestly looked pretty boring to me.

17. PEYJ

Surprised to see that “Murdered: Soul Suspect” is not on the list.

18. The_Red

Congrats to Respawn.

Wait… I just noticed something. There were no serious fighting games at E3 outside KI and SSB (Both of which are hardly big ones like SF, KOF or MK).

What happened? There was a sweet and awesome boom. SF4, MvC3, SC4-5, MK9, Injustice, Skull Girls, BlazBlue and then… poof. Really, REALLY hope to see some serious next-gen fighters during next E3. MK10 and SF5 going head to head please!

19. MCTJim

imo, it will stay exclusive to the X1, just like a few games were to the Xbox 360 and PS3. MS has deeper pockets and the server infrastructure to support this game..and probably, again imo, giving Respawn free servers or deeply discounted for this game to be on.

20. Lengendaryboss

Nominees for anyone interested: http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/nominees.html

21. Gekidami

@PUD
    Oh, if they were playable i’m sure this would be very different, if a lot more of the games announced at E3 were playable it would. But thats the real problem here, too many trailers not enough demos at this years E3.

22. Belmont

and people criticize the lack of innovation in the industry. Best online Multiplayer was the only title it deserved (or was it Destiny ?)

23. MCTJim

@20..thanks for the list :D

24. SlayerGT

Rivals beat out Forza..hm.

25. SlayerGT

And Rift beat out XBOne and PS4? Damn.

26. bradk825

I am disappointed there will be no story mode at all. I don’t really get how you win best anything without offering a story mode. Especially best of show. Gaming is moving toward being the best way to tell a story and present a work of fiction. How is it in this climate a game that completely lacks any storytelling is the best in show?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got it pre-ordered, and it looks like fantastic gameplay. I just think it’s wrong to call a multiplayer-only game best in show.

27. Lahanas

What? A console exclusive of Xbox One best of show? Xbox One the console with by far the most wins?

Damn those judges. Didnt they ask the internet’s console warriors first? Didnt they hear that Titanfall is boring and generic (of course if it was for the PS4 it would be awesome)? Didnt they get the memo that saying anything positive for the Xbox One is banned? How in God’s name didnt the almighty PS4 sweep the awards?

Oh I get it. MICROSOFT MONEYHATS!!1!1!

28. Gheritt White

WHY IS *NOBODY* BANGING ON ABOUT HOW AMAZING ‘INFAMOUS: SECOND SON’ LOOKED?!?!?!

29. MCTJim

@27 LOL…..how dare you speak in such a way..LOL :D

30. naffgeek

Can we have a list of who voted so the next time the ybemoan the lack of originality in the triple A titles we can tell them to shut the fuck up in the politest way possible of course.

Did look good but mainly in a 14yr old pew pew kind of way.

I may be too old! Where is my WiiU?

31. SlayerGT

@26 I have hard believing they could make a good story. I don’t recall any COD game from Infinity Ward having a good story.

32. SlayerGT

@28 I’m sorry I thought it was obvious :P I can’t wait to play it personally.

33. Stephany Nunneley

@20 & @23 The nominees are linked in there to a previous post we did. :*(

34. Lengendaryboss

Sorry Steph flew over my head. But heres something to cheer you up http://global3.memecdn.com/smart-dog_o_366048.jpg :P

35. Stephany Nunneley

@34 – :D Thanks! :)

36. MCTJim

#35 didnt look for the previous post..I was lazy

37. zoopdeloop

first Microsoft screws it over at E3 with their policies losing a lot of their fanbase.Then they retract,day after day we see comments and interviews from MS staff(in hope to win everyone back) and now this
    it’s actually a no brainer here

38. MCTJim

You are correct, Titanfall won hands down :D

39. GK

gamespot,E3 game chossen from people.now it is final stage.The Division vs Watch Dogs.

by the way,The Division wins agains titanflop by mile.

40. MCTJim

@39 not according to the game critics award for 2013..game has to be playable and it was not. It is still killing people that the X1 exclusive won.

41. pcbros

@39 The Division and Titanfall are two different games. But I do know that Titanfall wins against Killzone ShadowFAIL.

42. manamana

The hypetrain is coming, better keep on running!

43. MCTJim

@42 could you imagine if any of the above games turned out like MoH…LOL

44. DrDamn

Infamous Second Son was nominated for Action Adventure, so was therefore playable.

45. lookingglass

Infamous looks like garbage. It takes itself too seriously for what it is. The PS4 reveal was hilariously bad. I’m excited for other PS4 titles but that game is ridiculous.

Titianfall looks like quality and with the lack of any single player at all, the multiplayer has room to spread its wings. The FPS genre on consoles is lacking a pure, uncompromising multiplayer experience.

I hope it takes a solid bite out of CoD.

46. Francis O

LOL, these awards mean nothing. Titanfall was not that impressive. Bayonetta 2 was the most innovative and unique game at E3. But you know the western press. If it’s a shooter…it’s probably going to win.

47. Clupula

@46 – While I agree that Titanfall was not impressive, I am pretty sure if the same awards had been given to, say, Donkey Kong Country or X, you would be crowing up and down about how many E3 awards it won.

48. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Seriously go back and find the links I gave you. About B2 thats your opinion. About Titanfall again opinion look above and below: some people don’t agree/disagree. Until you tell me why each shooter is lame and i mean each shooter instead of palming off generalizations based on a sub-set of them: please file it under “Haters gonna Hate for no reason”.

Jesus i hate COD but i don’t spam the shooters boards declaring my hatred for it on a daily basis.

Now seeing into the future you will call me the ever so generic “chump” :(

49. xxJPRACERxx

Titanfall look really nice, but for my mp FPS needs I’ll go with bf4. I can’t wait for the new inFamous!

50. MCTJim

I will not buy BF4 until they allow you to host your own lobbies without having to purchase private servers…is it that hard to implement?

51. TMRNetShark

Uh, why is Titanfall so great? I clearly don’t see the appeal at all.

52. Se_7_eN

@51 – You aren’t the only one my friend… I see nothing special about it, especially after their little “No single player” rant.

53. MCTJim