Ex-King of Fighters team take 2D brawler Yatagarasu to IndieGoGo

Friday, 28th June 2013 08:44 GMT By Dave Cook

Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm is the first project from three former King of Fighters developers at SNK. They’ve been working on it for six years, and are now looking for a final crowd-funding push on IndiegGoGo to bring the game to PC.

The Yatagarasu funding campaign needs $68,000 to be successful, and the team has already amassed $5,148 with 48 days left on the clock.

If you head to the page, you’ll see tons of screens and character art presented in pure SNK style, which should come as a delight to fighting fans. The game features eight characters and will be fully localised for Western markets at release.

The campaign page starts, “The purpose of the campaign is to power up and complete the game that has our labor of love for the last six years: Yatagarasu. With your support, we will add new characters, new features, and fully localize the game to into a new version that we will bring to gamers all over the world.”

So what do you think? Is it worth funding? Let us know below.

Thanks Polygon.

1. varsas

I quite like the look of this.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Patashnik

Such a great fighter- combines the best of SFIII 3rd and KoF.
    You can buy it here if you want to give it a go http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu

#2 1 year ago
  3. redwood

looks great, best of luck to the game. they should bring it to psvita too.

#3 1 year ago
  4. TheWulf

I hope it succeeds, but it’s not for me. This is one thing that Capcom always had over SNK: Great characters and loads of imagination. To be honest, my favorite fighters were things like Marvel vs. Capcom, Killer Instinct, Bloody Roar, and so on. Things a little more off the beaten track.

I respect what they’re doing though and I love retro games, so I do hope it succeeds.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Vice

As much as I love 2d fighters, I don’t like that they intentionally went with a low-res sprites as a STYLE.

#5 1 year ago