New PS3 models filed by Sony for certification in South Korea

Friday, 21st June 2013 15:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Certification for two new PS3 models has been filed by Sony in South Korea.As Kotaku notes, the models CECH-4205B and CECH-4205C could be “slightly modified versions of the Super Slim PS3 model” CECH-4000. It contains smaller “nanometer architecture, less power consumption, and better cooling.” New models popped up recently on the Japan’s Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications website as well for model CECH-4200. Kotaku said the difference is likely regional for Japan and South Korea.

1. ps3fanboy

ps3 is the best, i got all model numbers released so far. so i must get my hands on the latest super slim revision. i guess i will have to do an import, if it not show up in my countries.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Crussong

@1 Riiiiiiiiiiight….

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

@2 your damn right… i am the ps3fanboy here after all, and the one and only…

#3 1 year ago
  4. CyberMarco

Thanks god for that!

#4 1 year ago
  5. xBASSxMONSTAx

I just bought a brand new ps3 super slim for the last of us but now there’s another revision coming? :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. pcbros

What Sony and Microsoft have to do is drop the price of the PS3/Xbox360 to $200 with a game (or free digitl full game download) and a +250gb hdd.

Especially with the new systems around the corner.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Jaytheking69

@6 Sorry but I don’t think so. Not in 2013. Sony don’t plan to drop price anytime soon. GTAV is right at the corner and this will surely help sell more consoles for both Sony and Microsoft. Price drop will happen just not this year.

BTW Sony should stop making bundle for every game that comes out and just let the console alone for 199$. I like the idea with giving digital games if it help making drop the price.

#7 1 year ago
  8. pcbros

@7 – No doubt there are good games coming out like Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Origins. But besides parents, who is really going to care about buying a current-gen console for $250-$300 this holiday season?

I can see people keeping their current-gen consoles to play those games, but buying one? That’s a tough sale.

And the Xbox 360 redesign was a joke. Big disappointment this E3… they actually removed some connectors and kept the price the same.

Wii U also needs a price cut… $350, $50 less than a PS4, isn’t going to cut it. The 3DS took off after the $250 -> $170 price cut.

#8 1 year ago
  9. PS4FANB0Y

I guess I need to buy all the PS4 models to live up to my name. Thank you Sony for allowing me to buy your systems multiple times!

#9 1 year ago
  10. Christopher Jack

Don’t expect a redesign on the casing. Just the motherboard. May not even receive a price drop & they’ll just quietly replace the current one with this. Although a price drop isn’t out of the question, most likely at TGS or Gamescom.

#10 1 year ago