Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z announced – trailer, details & screens inside

Friday, 21st June 2013 11:38 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is the next game in Namco Bandai’s long-running list of Dragon Ball titles, and while they’re calling it the “ultimate brawl”, chances are it won’t be the last either.

Battle of Z is a team-battler that’s coming to PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. No date has been confirmed, but Namco did say that he game will include four-player co-op battles, eight-player versus matches against giant foes like Great Ape Vegeta. There’s also solo play if you can’t be arsed with other people.

“The Dragon Ball games continue to thrill fans across Europe, and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z brings some very exciting new features to the series,” said Olivier Comte, senior vice president, Namco Bandai Games Europe. “The large scale cooperative team melee battles are like nothing players have seen before in a Dragon Ball game. Fans can’t afford to miss it.”

Are you pumped? Check out the screens below, courtesy of AGB.

1. Lengendaryboss

Those box arts look cool, god i used to love playing this. Wonder why i stopped? Wonder why its coming to PS Vita?

2. Pytox

seems better than the kinect game lol

3. Christopher Jack

@2, My crap was better than that Kinect game.

4. Ristas

The Kinect game was a 1:1 copy of the previews full game, “Ultimate Tenkaichi”. God, that game was such a disaster.

5. Keivz

Never played a DBZ game–waiting for the right one to come along. Wish CyberConnect2 would do one. I’ll wait for the reviews.

6. orakaa

I’m wondering if this will be mostly multiplayer based or if it will still be a SP game, but now with new MP elements.
    If it’s only or mostly a MP game, I’m not interested.

7. Paradoxxs

My brain say No! this will be another crappy dbz game, yet my inner child so badly wants to play it.

8. Takeshi

Well, at least they’re trying something new this time around.

Funny, a massive fan of Naruto and Dragon Ball, but the games just don’t interest me anymore.

9. xino

what is the point man? why don’t Namco Bandai just make a DBZ game that will triumph over all?
    this is just a copy n paste from old DBZ games with same FREAKING story. The only new thing is co-op.

DOA had DOA3 and DOA4 (to some people) that toppled the franchise.
    Tekken 3 still one of the best fighters of all time
    MK9 simply the best fighter this generation
    Street Fighter 3 best balanced SF

and what about DBZ? nothing!
    Why don’t they just use the same story but ALTER a scenario like “what if…” What if Raditz did not die, scenario like this

or even make a damn MK Shaolin Monks type of DBZ.
    I am tired of just seeing the same garbage, this is yet another DBZ game I will have to avoid.

10. yeoung

Oeeww A Shaolin Monks mention, honestly I LOVED that game. Haven’t played a DBZ game since Final Bout. (do people even remember Final Bout?)

Co-op looks interesting though, if there’s some meaningful exploration and maybe some jrpg type of major quest I might be down.

11. MadFingerz

^I remember Final Bout. It was kinda lame…

All I want is a proper successful to Dragon Ball Z Legends. Now, is that too much to ask, Namco Bandai? Not that I have any faith in the current developers, they would probably botch it. None of the last games had any soul..