BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma gets PS3 roster trailer

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 12:02 GMT By Dave Cook

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma has received a new PS3 roster trailer, care of Arc System Works. The clip shows of new and returning fighters entering the fray when the game hits Sony’s console across Japan on October 24. BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma will arrive in North American in 2014.

Thanks AGB.

1. salarta

No playable Kokonoe = no buy. Platinum is an annoying enough of a little shit as it is, not putting up with her without some awesome Kokonoe to make up for it.

#1 11 months ago
  2. dizzygear

Whats so great about that crazy bitch Kokonoe? Lamba’s story arc made me hate her guts.
    The real question is where the hell is Nu13? She better be playable again.

#2 11 months ago
  3. salarta

@2: She’s an awesomely foul-mouthed mad scientist catwoman (because she’s mature enough that calling her a girl seems awkward) that knows what she’s doing and gets shit done. Crazy bitch is exactly why she’s cool and I believe should have been playable long before the likes of Platinum and these three latest random characters they pulled out of their asses.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s the creators of the franchise that are doing these things and it’s perfectly in their right to do whatever they want with it. But none of it is stuff that I want to see.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Ireland Michael

If you want to see everything wrong with Japanese game design and why that market has effectively isolated itself from the west… this is the franchise to play.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Clupula

@4 – Personally, I think if you want to see the polar opposites of Michael and I’s opinions on Japanese game design, look at this game. This game has probably some of the best design I’ve ever seen in a fighting game. The characters are awesome, the story is pretty cool, the gameplay is stunning. The only problem I have with it was what they did with the Continuum Shift DLC/Continuum Shift EXTEND.

Otherwise, this was one of the most refreshing game franchises I’ve played in a while.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Clupula

@1 – Kokonoe may be an awesome character in storymode, but I never want her playable, unless she’s in a giant mech suit and plays like Tager or something.

As for Platinum, she’s probably one of my favorite characters. She’s so incredibly girly and yet so incredibly vulgar. It’s awesome.

Although nobody beats Rachel. That’s my main.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Wesker_Evil

Screw it, I just wanna Arc System talk about Guilty Gear 3rd on 3DS and then I can die happy

#7 11 months ago
  8. Metroid455

@4 and what would you have Japanese game developers do? completely cater to western culture like Capcom? or do a Square Enix by ruining franchises Like Final Fantasy trying to cater to the west? pfft please it’s people like you that are wrong here not BlazBlue!!

#8 11 months ago
  9. salarta

The fundamental matter is that if a game is created with a certain approach in mind, it should honor and respect that approach. If it was made with eastern culture in mind, it should continue to fit eastern culture desires. If it was made with western culture, then it needs to continue to fit that mold. Games don’t magically suck just because they aren’t purposely made to fit some kind of popular trend or gimmick, it’s all about how well it conveys the good qualities. Games that do a poor job of conveying the good qualities sell poorly, and games that do a great job can be nearly universally accepted for what they do by being accessible.

Of course, this is different from how future generations might respond to past games. Future generations may look at an old game with absolutely zero understanding of or respect for the IP, what it was showcasing and how it compared to other material of the time in the medium. It’s pretty asinine to look at Pong and expect a sweeping cinematic masterpiece with deeply developed characters and an engaging story out of Pong or even any other game of that era, for example.

#9 11 months ago