Agni’s Philosophy pre-order listing spotted on Amazon UK & FR

Monday, 3rd June 2013 17:27 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Amazon UK and Amazon France has put up a listing for Agni’s Philosophy which it claims is releasing for PlayStation 4.

Agni’s Philosophy is the name of the tech-demo Square Enix released during E3 last year to show off the capabilities of its new engine known as Luminous.

It in unclear whether this is just a placeholder name for a next-gen Final Fantasy game by Square Enix or whether the tech demo was converted into a full-length game. The later seems unlikely as Square had insisted that although the demo was “Final Fantasy themed, but not part of, indicative of, or planned as a specific game.”

E3 starts in less than 10 days’ time so it won’t be long before we find out what this really means.

Via, NeoGaf.

1. ActionGameKing

This is it… this will make me retire from gaming. FF Versus for PS3 , FF XV Agni for PS4…sigh…is this a dream?

ONE CAN HOPE!

#1 11 months ago
  2. Clupula

THIS…This is what I want to become FFXV.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Debabrata Nath

@ActionGame – FF XV Agni seems like it really, I also think this is the placeholder name for FF XV which’ll be called something like you suggested. It’ll be interesting to see how they use the new engine.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Clupula

@1 – That would be the perfect situation. Versus XIII stays on PS3 and Agnis Philosophy becomes FFXV for PS4.

#4 11 months ago
  5. ActionGameKing

@3 & @4 It would INDEED be the perfect situation… TOO PERFECT. Square Enix couldn’t possibly have these in their chambers could they? 7 more days…

#5 11 months ago
  6. Clupula

@5 – I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

But on the other hand, Wada is on his way out, so MAYBE there’s a smart decision or two upcoming.

#6 11 months ago
  7. The_Red

The Agni’s demo looks stunning and reminds me of the time FF games looked beyond anything we had seen before. If they can recapture the magic in both the visuals AND the gameplay (Not gameplay only OR graphics only), then I’m there.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Dark

Am i the only one here hoping that Agni’s Philosophy became a fully new IP and not a FF related?

#8 11 months ago
  9. salarta

Not surprised. The only way there’s hope for this game is if Toriyama isn’t involved.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Blue Oni

Never found that demo particularly interesting art wise.It was too western focused for my liking.If they are making it a new IP that’s good but i hope they keep it as far away from FF as possible.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Gnosis

@8 No, you are not.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Clupula

@9 – I hope he is involved and I hope there are about an hour of shower sequences, just to piss you off. In fact, I hope that he one day finds a magical orb of some sort that makes him a god, so that he will re-write your life in ways that will annoy you.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Moonwalker1982

This could mean it’s not coming to Xbox One. But that’s kinda the same as saying Mirror’s Edge 2 and Dragon Age 3 will be only for Xbox One. Cause only that version popped up.

#13 11 months ago
  14. salarta

@12: Meh, at least there’ll be bacon.

#14 11 months ago