Nvidia GeForce 700 series release imminent

Tuesday, 7th May 2013 15:29 GMT By Sherif Saed

MCV reports (via Fudzilla) that the first of a new series of Nvidia graphics cards series could be released as early as next week.

According to the report, the new series will not see a huge boost in performance as is usually the case, but rather will be a re-brand of the previous 600 series.

The GTX 760 Ti – an entry level card – will be a re-branded GTX 670, while the GTX 770 will be a re-branded GTX 680 and will clock slightly higher than the original.

The GTX 670 Ti will be the first to launch. Partner manufacturers will follow with third-party versions in June.

1. OnionPowder

Best to wait until the Maxwell chipset is out next year.

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

I’ll wait for a couple of years to replace my GTX 480 with a 7xx-8xx from EVGA’s B-Stock for less than 200€.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

@1, Yes. I will buy one when Maxwell chipset will be released because it will be a new generation.

My GTX 580 is doing just fine.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Hcw87

Not upgrading my 4870 card until Maxwell is out. Can still play most current games on high settings with it, atleast MMO’s (which is the only PC games i play really).

#4 1 year ago
  5. sh4dow

Nothing to see here, move along…

(Based on everything I’ve read, it seems like nexgen won’t hit until the end of the year, when AMD/Nvidia will actually release GPUs with new architecture. And even then, it sounds like they’ll only provide minor improvement. No “true” nexgen for a while… and by then, consoles will be already too outdated for ports to be any good and… meh, I’m sure you can see where this is going… again.)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Christopher Jack

Seems that most the time the same number of most cards in a series is just moved up a notch from the last series.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Battler624

An Error i’ve found

“The GTX 670 Ti will be the first to launch” you meant to say the “The GTX 760 Ti will be the first to launch”

Although i assume like last Gen the x80′s will be the first.

#7 1 year ago