Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate confirmed

Tuesday, 7th May 2013 23:39 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This week’s issue of Famitsu confirms a re-release of Dead or Alive 5, as teased late last month.

According to Siliconera, the new version is called Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

The re-release contains extra characters, but apart from Ninja Gaiden’s Momiji – which we already knew – there’s no further information.

We also have no hints as to platforms or release date, but stay tuned as the magazine is further mined ahead of a western announcement.

Dead or Alive 5 released in September 2012 on PS3 and Xbox 360. An expanded version called Dead or Alive 5 Plus hit Vita in March this year.

1. Dark

So how many times people have to buy this game?

people always seems to hate on capcom , but why no one talk about Tecmo-Koei or arc system works?

they are worst than capcom if you ask me.

2. melonbuster1

@ you are so right! You have to buy every game from these guys like 5x!

3. salarta

This is okay by me since I intended to buy Dead or Alive 5 but eventually didn’t bother since there were other games I wanted more. Though it does tell me that if I want a game in this series, I should wait until later when they release a “definitive” version that includes all the content at the same base price as the original release.

4. Clupula

Considering how many times DOA2 was re-released, it wouldn’t surprise me if this isn’t the only revision.

That said, as for platforms, that trailer a few weeks ago said PS3 and 360.

5. Osric

I wouldn’t mind PC release… I WOULDN’T MIND OUR VERSION OF THE GAME (original) getting all or most of the “Ultimate” versions EXTRA CONTENT (DLC for sure) free.

6. Clupula

And how many games have Tecmo Koei released on PC again?

And if you honestly think they’re going to just hand you new characters, new stages, possible endings for each character, and such for free, then you’re being silly. Might wanna stop with that hoping.

If this is DLC, then it’ll be at least a $20 expansion, which would be fair. BUT I’m sure this’ll just be a retail disc instead.

7. The_Red

First comment, third line.

Way to go Team Ninja. You could have at least tried a more unique game but no, every fighting game has to get “Ultimate” or “Super” or “C(K)omplete” edition.