Soul Sacrifice demo saves transfer to full game

Tuesday, 16th April 2013 16:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The demo for Soul Sacrifice lands on the North American PS Store today, and tomorrow in Europe. Those who try the game out on their Vita will be able to save the data over to the full game when it releases. The demo includes the entire first chapter and is playable with up to three other friends via online or through ad-hoc multiplayer. If the demo save data is carried over to the full game, players will also receive an exclusive bonus item called “Spirits’ Heart” which summons a powerful stone golem to help you in battle. It’s only available through the demo, which will be pulled from the store on April 30 in NA when the game launches – you can still play it offline though, just not with any friends. The demo will be pulled from the EU end when the full game launches May 1.

1. PEYJ

I think it’s 30 April in the US and 1 May in EU.

#1 1 year ago
  2. ClubCyberia

Seems like a great idea.

#2 1 year ago
  3. lexph3re

Damn… And normally I try to stay away from demos… You got me this time.

#3 1 year ago
  4. HaMmOdY

Finally, it’s coming. I’m so excited for this, a proper Vita game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. dtyk

@4 I recommend Malicious Rebirth if you have jpn PSN

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

I’ve been playing the demo for a week. It’s massive. It’s best described as an aesthetic/gameplay mix between Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. Truly brilliant. You’re all in for a treat.

#6 1 year ago
  7. HaMmOdY

@DTYK a Vita game ?! Changing stores is a real hassle …

#7 1 year ago
  8. dtyk

@HaMmOdY

Haha yeah a Vita game. I won’t deny that changing stores is a hassle, but I personally really enjoyed the game (albeit short, since it’s a PSN downloadable).

Check it out. You can always wait for localization, which has already been confirmed. I personally didn’t want to wait. :(

#8 1 year ago
  9. HaMmOdY

@DTYK thanks, they’re giving us the original on PS Plus so I should see what it’s all about!

#9 1 year ago
  10. dtyk

@HaMmOdY

Yeah no p. FYI the vita version has double the content. I’d call it Malicious 2.0

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

this is great. i finally decided to get the digital version and downloaded the game today. the game is already on my ps3 now but i obviously cannot transfer it to my vita yet :) i can´t wait to play the demo and it´s cool that it lets me transfer the safe data.
    also bought persona 4 golden today. i guess it will be persona permanent in the vita slot and soul sacrifice digital for the next month or so. good times!

@6: i am so jealous!
    Edit: would be great to read a feature about soul sacrifice – maybe a monster hunter comparisson piece ;)

#11 1 year ago
  12. Eddie Rodrigues

I need this demo right now. Japan really loved this game, so I am certain I will love it too :3

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

Great news, gonna play the crap out of it :D

#13 1 year ago
  14. Rosseu

Is it up in the US psn now?

EDIT: I guess it is. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/16/soul-sacrifice-demo-out-today-saves-transfer-to-full-game/

#14 1 year ago
  15. vOL

Indeed, you guys will enjoy it for sure! I’m just finished playing the japanese version last night so I can conclude that the game does imposed on emotion as Inafune-sensei said in the videos. I don’t want to spoil anything but being in hunting genre, the game really stands out in terms of content of the story. Every npc that joins you,saved or sacrificed have their own story. You can bring them(up to 2 person) on the side quests but not in the main story because main story got their on npc(only 1 person) and you basically follows his/her story. Some quest will requires you alone to fight the monstrosity.

If you want to compare with MonHun, its kinda more straightfoward “hunting” as the map can be small enough (more akin to an arena) to considerally big in some quests.

Monsters is elemental(including bosses), which type is normal, poison(plant), earth(ground), fire, ice and electric. Each has advantage and disadvantage to other elements.

Some body parts of bosses can be destroyed, triggers an awesome bursting shower of blood (can stun them for a while) and some will do interesting thing after that. I’m not sure if that contributes to getting more spells itself or adds more points to get more spells(my money on the second one).

If you died in the quest, and if a npc is still alive, you can choose to be save(continue the fight),sacrificed(does a high damage special spell on enemies), or just die(still lingers on the quest but can see enemies hp and can’t interact with other players or npc).

#15 1 year ago
  16. Rosseu

Just saw the twitter post, and said the ps store update is delayed. Way to go sony.

#16 1 year ago
  17. polygem

@15: haha, thanks man! nice to hear you like that game so much. it sure looks just awesome.

i personally couldn’t wait and watched tons of youtube videos from kinetic / epicnamebro – nerd, but a good one;) great and informative videos, highly recommended. i know a lot about the game already but haven’t played it yet :( cannot wait.

#17 1 year ago
  18. vOL

@17: You’re welcome =) It is really an awesome game imho and me too can’t wait for the english version that’s why I played the japanese version that come along with the ss vita bundle. Still, I’m buying the english version for a better understanding at..literally everything in the story lol.

I had seen the kinetic videos and very informative especially the one with Kanako *wink* and epicnamebro with his demon/dark souls videos. Speaking of dark souls, I’m really never get the dark souls vibe in soul sacrifice..both games are really different to me.

Now I’m waiting for the english version of Toukiden and PSO2..hopefully.

#18 1 year ago
  19. monkeygourmet

@Poly

I don’t understand, have you downloaded and purchased the full game? Or just the demo?

#19 1 year ago
  20. polygem

@monkeygourmet: i purchased and downloaded the full game including the preorder bonusses and it already sits on my ps3 :) but cannot Transfer it to the vita yet. i downloaded the game via the ps3 store because it wasn´t online on the vita store anymore when i checked. it has been there the last few days but then has been pulled? maybe becaue of the upcoming demo? don´t know…i hope the demo will be online this afternoon when i come home from work. i will skip my running session for this evening and plan on playing the demo ´til my eyes bleed and force me to fall asleep.

#20 1 year ago