No Ni Kuni may come to the west on 3DS – rumour

Friday, 12th April 2013 06:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Namco Bandai hasn’t made any noises about bringing the DS version of Ni No Kuni west, but according to PocketGamer, one representative said a 3DS release of the Level-5 adventure is possible. The unnamed spokesperson said there’s no official plan in place, but the publisher might look into the matter if it garners enough fan demand. Ni No Kuni is quite a different game on DS; it released in Japan in 2010 with the subtitle The Jet-black Mage.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

No no kuni?
    No ni kuni?

#1 1 year ago
  2. SlayerGT

What time is it there Brenna? :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

It’s 45 minutes to knock off on a Friday. I’ve done 25 articles today and 120+ this week. I absolutely love it when it when people get sarcastic about my typos.

#3 1 year ago
  4. JimFear-666

i would prefer a vita version.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Telepathic.Geometry

Sorry Brenna, wasn’t trying to be sarcastic. The typos are as follows:

Title = Ni No Kuni…

1st line = …the DS version of Ni No Kuni west…
    4th line = …Ni No Kuni is quite…

Also, don’t take offence so easily. This is the internet, populated by grammar nazis and such. A certain amount of shit is to be expected, even if you don’t make mistakes. Own it. :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

Ahh, fuggedaboutit. I’m just grumpy at the Internet in general today. Thanks for the heads up, really.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Christopher Jack

@3, Ignore the sarcasm, there was no ill intent, just people having a joke. So long as people aren’t total dicks about it just consider it constructive criticism. I’ve seen a few of you guys get really abused by some of the random commenters around here, now THAT was unnecessary.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Telepathic.Geometry

I know what it’s like when you’re visible and constantly being judged by people who are not themselves ever judged and it sucks donkey balls. Especially when they’re cunts about it, which internet posters often are.

Hang in there Brenna, and for what it’s worth I am pretty much an OCD grammar nazi, and I’m well aware of how annoying it probably is for those around me. I had trouble with it on EG too. I just can’t help it… ;_;

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

It’s not THAT different on the DS, really. It’s shorter. It ends about 2/3rd the way through the PS3 version, the battle system is different, and because it got rid of the PS3 version’s last boss, it removes all the subplot hints that lead up to that. Otherwise, it’s fairly the same, just lesser.

#9 1 year ago
  10. polygem

i would like to see that. i would even prefer to continue playing it on a handheld. vita version with cross save would also be great.

#10 1 year ago
  11. KrazyKraut

awesome…cross-play and cross-buy and cross-save with ps3…!!! oh wait…

Just kidding. Happy that they release a 3DS Version instead of late DS-release.

#11 1 year ago
  12. locus2k1

Tidy!

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

Weird combo, either release it on PSP or PS Vita.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dave Cook

@12 “There’s lucky ‘mun!’

#14 1 year ago
  15. DrDamn

So … vaguely spoilery … is it just about the Dark Djinn and nothing about the White Witch? Is Pea in the DS version?

#15 1 year ago
  16. DrDamn

Knickers!

#16 1 year ago
  17. dreamcastnews

Do it Namco! Do it now!

#17 1 year ago
  18. fihar

Probably, that would explain the Jet-black Mage subtitle.
    I haven’t touched it myself.

To be honest, I don’t see the point in this, unless of course you don’t already own a PS3 and would love to play the game.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Clupula

@15 – Yeah, let me put a couple words here and there so that there’s no spoilers in the little “what just got commented on” thing on the side of the screen…

And I might as well put a spoiler tag there too…

*SPOILERS* No Pea. No White Witch. No council. And you know how Oliver is about to go home and stuff after beating the Djinn? He does go home and that’s the end of the game. *END SPOILERS*

Only played the PS3 version, but wanted to find out how the two were different after I beat it, so I did some research and those are the differences I found out. Otherwise, everything else, plot-wise and maze-wise is the same.

#19 1 year ago
  20. DrDamn

Ok makes sense. That would be an interesting finish but I liked what they did on the PS3 and I love the integration of Pea.

Really enjoying my game stories currently. Finally finished off inFamous the other day and that had a fantastic finish to it story wise.

#20 1 year ago
  21. CityCobra

Here are 10 reasons, why Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which is so awesome (in german) :)

#21 9 months ago
  22. dizzygear

Meh. I’d rather have Namco use that that time and money to localize God Eater 2 for Vita.

#22 9 months ago