No Ni Kuni may come to the west on 3DS – rumour

Friday, 12th April 2013 06:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Namco Bandai hasn’t made any noises about bringing the DS version of Ni No Kuni west, but according to PocketGamer, one representative said a 3DS release of the Level-5 adventure is possible. The unnamed spokesperson said there’s no official plan in place, but the publisher might look into the matter if it garners enough fan demand. Ni No Kuni is quite a different game on DS; it released in Japan in 2010 with the subtitle The Jet-black Mage.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

No no kuni?
    No ni kuni?

2. SlayerGT

What time is it there Brenna? :)

3. Brenna Hillier

It’s 45 minutes to knock off on a Friday. I’ve done 25 articles today and 120+ this week. I absolutely love it when it when people get sarcastic about my typos.

4. JimFear-666

i would prefer a vita version.

5. Telepathic.Geometry

Sorry Brenna, wasn’t trying to be sarcastic. The typos are as follows:

Title = Ni No Kuni…

1st line = …the DS version of Ni No Kuni west…
    4th line = …Ni No Kuni is quite…

Also, don’t take offence so easily. This is the internet, populated by grammar nazis and such. A certain amount of shit is to be expected, even if you don’t make mistakes. Own it. :)

6. Brenna Hillier

Ahh, fuggedaboutit. I’m just grumpy at the Internet in general today. Thanks for the heads up, really.

7. Christopher Jack

@3, Ignore the sarcasm, there was no ill intent, just people having a joke. So long as people aren’t total dicks about it just consider it constructive criticism. I’ve seen a few of you guys get really abused by some of the random commenters around here, now THAT was unnecessary.

8. Telepathic.Geometry

I know what it’s like when you’re visible and constantly being judged by people who are not themselves ever judged and it sucks donkey balls. Especially when they’re cunts about it, which internet posters often are.

Hang in there Brenna, and for what it’s worth I am pretty much an OCD grammar nazi, and I’m well aware of how annoying it probably is for those around me. I had trouble with it on EG too. I just can’t help it… ;_;

9. Clupula

It’s not THAT different on the DS, really. It’s shorter. It ends about 2/3rd the way through the PS3 version, the battle system is different, and because it got rid of the PS3 version’s last boss, it removes all the subplot hints that lead up to that. Otherwise, it’s fairly the same, just lesser.

10. polygem

i would like to see that. i would even prefer to continue playing it on a handheld. vita version with cross save would also be great.

11. KrazyKraut

awesome…cross-play and cross-buy and cross-save with ps3…!!! oh wait…

Just kidding. Happy that they release a 3DS Version instead of late DS-release.

12. locus2k1

Tidy!

13. Lengendaryboss

Weird combo, either release it on PSP or PS Vita.

14. Dave Cook

@12 “There’s lucky ‘mun!’

15. DrDamn

So … vaguely spoilery … is it just about the Dark Djinn and nothing about the White Witch? Is Pea in the DS version?

16. DrDamn

Knickers!

17. dreamcastnews

Do it Namco! Do it now!

18. fihar

Probably, that would explain the Jet-black Mage subtitle.
    I haven’t touched it myself.

To be honest, I don’t see the point in this, unless of course you don’t already own a PS3 and would love to play the game.

19. Clupula

@15 – Yeah, let me put a couple words here and there so that there’s no spoilers in the little “what just got commented on” thing on the side of the screen…

And I might as well put a spoiler tag there too…

*SPOILERS* No Pea. No White Witch. No council. And you know how Oliver is about to go home and stuff after beating the Djinn? He does go home and that’s the end of the game. *END SPOILERS*

Only played the PS3 version, but wanted to find out how the two were different after I beat it, so I did some research and those are the differences I found out. Otherwise, everything else, plot-wise and maze-wise is the same.

20. DrDamn

Ok makes sense. That would be an interesting finish but I liked what they did on the PS3 and I love the integration of Pea.

Really enjoying my game stories currently. Finally finished off inFamous the other day and that had a fantastic finish to it story wise.

21. CityCobra

Here are 10 reasons, why Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which is so awesome (in german) :)

#21 1 year ago
  22. dizzygear

Meh. I’d rather have Namco use that that time and money to localize God Eater 2 for Vita.

#22 1 year ago