Unreal Engine 4 demo stars an infiltrator

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 07:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

If one Unreal Engine GDC 2013 tech demo wasn’t enough, this is a great day for all six of you. Called Infiltrator, the trailer shows off some very impressive lighting and transparency effects, the likes of which you will not have seen since the last time Epic demonstrated its apparently magic tech.

Unreal Engine 4 is still brand sopanking new; the first release to utilise it is Zombie’s Ghostlight.

1. ActionGameKing

Zombie’s “Daylight” :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

@Brenna,
    Isn’t Epics “Fortnite” the first game to use UE4. After all it was showcased first.

Fortnite and Daylight, Huh…..

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

The most important part is that they used a single GTX 680 card to run this demo.
    In other words, consoles can suck it and will never achieve something like that.

Next Nvidia’s 700 series geforce http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_Series

Will run “Epic Games” games on the budget cards pretty much because of the new Kepler Refresh architecture

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gnosis

…I’m sorry, but “a single GTX 680″? Which is about as expansive as one single console? A graphics card alone?

What a waste of money.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

“Which is about as expansive as one single console?”

Yeah right, until 700 series will be released that will make 680 gtx a POS.
    your PS3 and 360 can’t do this and PS4 and next Xbox will do this at half quality so I don’t care as long as I can play good games with something that was showed by Epic on my PC.

“What a waste of money.”

Next Gen Consoles are a waste of money so far that can’t even produce decent first gen UE 4 demo. No one cares.

PS3 is a waste of money that had shitty Unreal Engine 3 ports that suffered from tearing issues and half baked visuals or ports

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gnosis

Well, nice for you, if you’re one of the rich kids. I’m not. I couldn’t care less about pretty pictures. I buy consoles 4 or even 5 years after the launch and only in case they have a good line up. All I’m interested in is to play games in the cheapest, fastest and easiest way accessible to me. Everything else is gimmick.

#6 1 year ago
  7. A2ra3l

They need to use this engine to make some CGI movies, I would seriously watch a movie that looked like that tech demo, the movement and animation was so well done, flesh it out with a halfway decent story and you have a multi-million dollar hit :P

#7 1 year ago
  8. Diingo

Console gamers actually play games to enjoy it. PC elitists only play games enjoy “MIND BLOWING GRAPHICS” for a year before saying “wow such crap that was lasts years graphics card huuuurrrrrr”

#8 1 year ago
  9. Djoenz

#9 1 year ago
  10. unacomn

@8 You tell that empty chair!

While the engine looks good, I’m a bit worried about the trend of having horrible cameras, it’s like they’re intentionally trying to make the worst viewing experience possible. With Samaritan, I got it, they had to hide some of the shortcomings of the engine, but even with the new one? It’s annoying as hell. I don’t want every game looking like Syndicate, that will physically blind me.

#10 1 year ago
  11. The_Red

It’s really sad how almost everything has become an extreme: It’s either PC fans saying “consoles suck and can never achieve uber graphics like this” or console fans crying “PCs suck and are only graphic whores. Only gameplay matters”.

What’s wrong with having BOTH:
    Best graphics AND best gameplay. I know, some PC elitists are offended by the very notion that their system isn’t the mostest perfectest while some console fans are enraged that people might like up to date graphics instead of dated, downgraded visuals that old consoles offer.

#11 1 year ago
  12. xxJPRACERxx

#5 Erthazus : “so I don’t care as long as I can play good games”

Exactly! So what’s your problem if people like to play on the PS3, PS4 or even the SNES if the games are good and they enjoy it?

#12 1 year ago